• Brake Caliper Piston Tool

Here is the Tool you will need to do the rear brakes

Price varies from $6-$14

Places to get it at

Sears or Sears
    Auto Zone
    Napa Auto Parts
    O'Reilly

Cant remember the names of the auto part stores in Canada. so if someone can fill me in with those i will add them to the list

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Re: Brake Caliper Piston Tool

what? i dont get it... why do you need this to put on new pads?
    18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Originally posted by Swampassjr
      cuz you twist, more like screw, in the rear caliper piston and not push in like the front caliper piston.

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost
        cuz you twist, more like screw, in the rear caliper piston and not push in like the front caliper piston.
        ohhhh i didn't know the rear pads were different to change than the fronts
        18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost
          ohhhh i didn't know the rear pads were different to change than the fronts
          neither did i when i did mine. i didnt have that little tool.

Comment

i think those tools are called borg fittings
            MODS: LED Tails, N-Take CAI, 19'' ASA Rims, Red Painted Calipers, Eibach Lowering Springs

Check Out my car! Car Domain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/390193...g6-gt-sedan-4d

Comment

Originally posted by Snooster52
              I have heard that too, but when you purchase them the package says Brake Caliper Tool

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
              Originally posted by ahuhn
              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

The Borg tool....
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I've always settled on a pair of long nose pilers, Wrong I know but it gets the job done. I guess I should buy one of these borgs before my next brake job
                  15% tint front windows, 5% rear sides,rear,and windshield banner. red brake calipers. slotted and drilled rotors. 3 million l.e.d. underbody light kit (seldom used). 18" solstice rims with 245/40/18. Hammerhead spoiler. 2 10" eclipse subs in a sealed box. Monsoon stereo. Acoustic amps.
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3300730

Originally posted by vballchic1023
                  Being bent over the hood on a back road is fun as well

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    Originally posted by Snooster52
                    I have heard that too, but when you purchase them the package says Brake Caliper Tool
                    im sure i heard that too.

Originally posted by countrystrong
                    I've always settled on a pair of long nose pilers, Wrong I know but it gets the job done.
                    i did the same.

Comment

Heck, I just spent $19 for an entire caliper kit from Harbor Freight. It's MUCH MUCH better than the borg tool as it backs up against the front of the caliper and pushes AND twists the piston. It's really an amazing tool for the money and I probably would have spent twice as much for the convenience and quality of the kit.

Here is a link: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=40732

It's twists the perfect amount and pushes the perfect amount. It has several different inserts for different kinds of caliper piston designs. It even has a regular blank one for the front pad!! Sweet kit and really glad I bought it.
                      2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
                      1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

the borg tool is nice.. however for FREE you can to to Advance or Autozone and "borrow" a caliper tool set. just a suggestion

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
                          The Borg tool....
                          I thought that too!! HAHA

Comment

Originally posted by 07GTPBlackAndTan
                            Heck, I just spent $19 for an entire caliper kit from Harbor Freight. It's MUCH MUCH better than the borg tool as it backs up against the front of the caliper and pushes AND twists the piston. It's really an amazing tool for the money and I probably would have spent twice as much for the convenience and quality of the kit.

It's twists the perfect amount and pushes the perfect amount. It has several different inserts for different kinds of caliper piston designs. It even has a regular blank one for the front pad!! Sweet kit and really glad I bought it.
                            ya that kit is awsome, i rented it from autozone, it worked great, but there charge for the rental of it was like $58
                            but ill get it back when i return it

slick as snot...
                            07 G6 GTP
                            00 VW GTI VR6

Comment

Originally posted by Rich
                              Originally posted by 07GTPBlackAndTan

ya that kit is awsome, i rented it from autozone, it worked great, but there charge for the rental of it was like $58
                              but ill get it back when i return it

slick as snot...
                              Out autozone has a terrible time keeping rentals in stock, so I chose to just skip the hassle and have one handy. I got it for less than $20 so it was more than worth it to me to not have to drive to Autozone when I need to use it (which is now three times haha).
                              2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
                              1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Working...
                              X