Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of my brake pads (40k miles)

40k miles, on our 07 GTP, wife says there grinding
    got them apart today and there is literly no pad left, it was metal on metal

new pad VS oem pad with 44k miles

its sad that thes pads are that bad after only 44k

we live in SD, its not like i live in a large city where 60-0 is needed daily on the freeway

Kinda dissapointing,... ive never had a pad fail on me in that little miles

hell, im gonna push another 15-20K out of the stock tires

07 G6 GTP
    00 VW GTI VR6

Re: pics of my brake pads (40k miles)

Dayum!!!! How are your rotors???

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
    I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

just cause you dont make sudden stops doesnt mean you cant wear the brakes out...

i got 60k from my factorys

Comment

hmm another South Dakotan???
        18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

thats nothing, i had to change mine after 38k and they were worse than that. i was not to happy. i had to change all my rotors at the time too. and im only at 53k now

Mods: 16" A.R. black rims,20% front, 5% rear, debadged, alpine type s 6x9's,eyelids, tinted tails, blacked out chrome, 8000k hid's, pioneer double-din, strut bar, interior lights all over, alpine type-r 12", alpine m500 amp, ait body kit
          Future:exhaust, lowering springs, cobalt ss/sc swap

Comment

Crap, mine had 43k on them.... I need to get money to replace them since I can already tell they aren't in the best of shape.

Progression Page

Comment

i put 60k on a BMW and never replaced the pads, nit sure how many miles were on them before I put the 60K on them
              and i jad a Jetta that had 60k miles on it when we sold it and still had alot of pad life left
              and currently my 2000 GTI Vr6 has 117K on it with the factory rears (im planning on changing them in a few weeks though

i guess i was expecting them to last a little longer than 40k
              thinking the ceramics will maybe be a little better, but i really dont care we plan to sell this car in a year (ish)
              07 G6 GTP
              00 VW GTI VR6

Comment

i had 65k on mine before replacing.. they didn't look anything like that tho

wagner had a deal with a rebate at the time.. so now I have ceramics

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Originally posted by Rich
                  i put 60k on a BMW and never replaced the pads, nit sure how many miles were on them before I put the 60K on them
                  and i jad a Jetta that had 60k miles on it when we sold it and still had alot of pad life left
                  and currently my 2000 GTI Vr6 has 117K on it with the factory rears (im planning on changing them in a few weeks though

i guess i was expecting them to last a little longer than 40k
                  thinking the ceramics will maybe be a little better, but i really dont care we plan to sell this car in a year (ish)

mine lasted for about 50k miles, and our speedlimits here are 25mph!
                  18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Are the worn evenly? Or is one side gone and the other fine?

My driver side rear was grinding at about 28k miles. The dealer said the wear was normal. BS.
                    When I pulled it apart I found one pad gone and the other was okay.

Moral of the story, the caliper guide bolt was not properly lubricated at the factory and kept the caliper from floating properly.
                    I put new Raybestos on the rear, turned the rotor and reassembled properly. Now with 56k miles the rears still have 2/3 pad left.

I changed my front rotors/pads about 5k miles ago, and the front pads still had about 1/3 material on them, not bad for 50k miles.
                    Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                    -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X