Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the auto volume button for on our radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the auto volume button for on our radio?

What is the auto volume button for on our radio? (off, low, med and high) I don’t hear any differences.
    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Check your owners manual ... but basically it's a feature that automatically raises the volume level as you drive to overcome road noise, etc. The different settings are for how much you want the volume to change to suit your listening pleasure
    (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

Originally posted by revgregd
      Check your owners manual ... but basically it's a feature that automatically raises the volume level as you drive to overcome road noise, etc. The different settings are for how much you want the volume to change to suit your listening pleasure
      Exactly.
      2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Thats what it is.

Pretty cool feature. I have noticed sometimes I have to turn the volume back down once I get on the highway. Maybe mine's on high.
        2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

Only thing I dont like about it is comming to a stop after highway travel... it gets to low LOL!
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

thanks thats what someone told me
            ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
            .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

it works pretty well but not perfectly.

one of my old pioneer headunits had a similar feature, but it changed the volume based on surrounding noise not speed and it worked awesome. i still love the SCV or Auto Volume or whatever GM is calling it now though. it is nice for highway trips.

Comment

Yeah it's nice to have, but not perfect. But I like it so I leave it on max and adjust the volume when I have to. Really nice on the highways.

Comment

My gf uses it in her Trailblazer, but i have never used it, it gets to low for me when the vehicle stops.
                  Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

while you're driving on the highway, press the button, and you'll hear the radio get softer and louder as it cycles from low to high.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Funny story about those...one of my friends had a '01 alero, and it had this feature (known as SCV at the time), and she went on a road trip with one of her friends. They both noticed the volume changing and stuff, and well I guess she took it to her dealer to figure out what was wrong with it. They couldn't figure it out (idiots).

One time I'm with her in the car and it happens, and she was complaining about it...I just stared at her for like 10 seconds and just pressed the button and her jaw dropped cause she felt like a big idiot.

Maybe its not that funny...but I think so.
                      2006 Liquid Quicksilver Coupe GTP

Comment

Originally posted by amnigo
                        They both noticed the volume changing and stuff, and well I guess she took it to her dealer to figure out what was wrong with it. They couldn't figure it out (idiots).

Comment

Don't use it, annoying to me....
                          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

^ agree, I just leave it turned off and use the steering wheel controls when needed ... but my wife absolutely loves this feature in her Impala
                            (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

i love it...i think i have it set on medium and the only speed i ever notice it at is 40mph and that's usually only when i'm waiting for it...no passengers have ever actually said anything about it
                              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Working...
                              X