2nd battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd battery

Okay, today they have changed out the 2nd battery in a year. The first one was after owning the car for 6 months. The 2nd was after a year. Don't like the answer that it's just a fluke to get two bad batteries. They tested to see if something was pulling on it to drain it. Didn't find anything. Am I being overly suspicious? Can it really be a bad battery?
    Anyone else having trouble with batteries?

I had an issue with my battery, but i replaced it on my own and upgraded to a Interstate Mega-tron. Havent had any problems since then.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Something might be up with the battery, i'v had my car for a year and a half with 5500 miles and my battery died just the other day. My previous car ran with the same battery for years.

Comment

6 months ago my battery died all of sudden, so i jumped the car and few hours later it turned off again. so i got it towed to the dealer and they replaced the battery. no problem since
        35% front/5% all-around tint, chrome grill,
        MTEC headlight bulbs, cold air box, redline tuning, LED reverse bulbs, passport x50 blue, custom catback system, painted headlights, shaved badges

Comment

I also had a dead battery just this week, 650 miles on the car now, they charged the same battery and said it was fine. What kind of crap are they putting in these cars? I understand buying a better aftermarket type to replace it, but not when the car is so new, batteries should last more than a year and certainly more than 600 miles.

Comment

Mine died in December. 2006 GTP

Comment

I've had zero issues with mine, had it almost a year. Sounds like some just got bad batteries, but the stock ones are actually decent quality generally speaking anyway.

Comment

I've had zero issues also in a year and 2 months, were any of the above problems with the alternators or just batteries?
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I was told mine was monitored overnight to see of any draws or surges and none were found. I would hope everyone else had theirs hooked up and charged as well. And yes once a battery dies it does become weaker, so if you have to continue to charge or jump you battery every few months it's best to just replace it. I guess if you are happy with the car getting a better aftermarket model would be best.

Comment

My battery died in Dec. Had it jumped and drove it to the local town dealership. Replaced the battery, but left battery cover off. For some wierd reason, it won't go back on.
                    When it warms up to above freezing again, I'll move the battery around untill it fits again.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                      My battery died in Dec. Had it jumped and drove it to the local town dealership. Replaced the battery, but left battery cover off. For some wierd reason, it won't go back on.
                      When it warms up to above freezing again, I'll move the battery around untill it fits again.
                      i usually have to give a good smack on the cover to get the latches to engage. but i wonder if they put the wrong size battery in when they replaced it.

i had my battery replaced over the summer. had to jump start every time i tried to start the car for like a week and a half. first time they couldn't find any problems, but when i got towed in, they didn't even waste my time and threw a new one in. :P since then i've been running trouble free.

wondering if delphi put out a bad batch of batteries...
                      2009 PONTIAC G8
                      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                      X