Rain X windshield Wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain X windshield Wipers

Im having a hard time installing the Rain x wipers...Is there any secret to it? Please help me....Thank you
    A.Gutierrez
    Pioneer Deck
    Blackmore Equalizer
    Xponent 2500 Amp
    (2) 12" Xponent Sub's
    Custom Speaker box

Future Upgrades: 20" Asanti rims, Airbags, and Exhaust system.

Re: Rain X windshield Wipers

return and buy another brand. they suck

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

where did u buy them bc i love mine!!

i had auto zone put mine on..they were a bitch..lol
      Blue Man Group
      Current Mods: tint 35% front & !5%back, Alpine Type E 2-12" subs w/ Rockford Fosgate P400 Amp &cap, Rockford Fosgate 6.5" and 6"X9", R1Concepts E-Line slotted/cross drilled Rotors w/ Pads and painted blue calipers, 6,000k flashtech HIDs, and chrome be gone...

Future Mods: GXP/AIT front bumper, LED tinted tails, modded painted headlights with halos, Rockford Fosgate 6"x9" in the back doors

Originally posted by danmccormick87
      gotta love iraq bootlegging

Comment

you didnt see how they did it cause i pertty much tried everything.
        A.Gutierrez
        Pioneer Deck
        Blackmore Equalizer
        Xponent 2500 Amp
        (2) 12" Xponent Sub's
        Custom Speaker box

Future Upgrades: 20" Asanti rims, Airbags, and Exhaust system.

Comment

depending on your year model, you have to pull out the little peice that comes in the wiper blade. dont be afraid to pull, you wont brake it. then slide the wiper in, then up and it will lock into place
          2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
          2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
          613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
          11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
          New numbers coming soon........

Comment

do you need them by tomorrow or can you survive on your old pair. i can take some pics for you, maybe a video depending on weather tomorrow

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
            Originally posted by ahuhn
            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by Thebeast
              depending on your year model, you have to pull out the little peice that comes in the wiper blade. dont be afraid to pull, you wont brake it. then slide the wiper in, then up and it will lock into place
              i remember that part..hey google or youtube it..lol probably got something on youtube for it,,,
              Blue Man Group
              Current Mods: tint 35% front & !5%back, Alpine Type E 2-12" subs w/ Rockford Fosgate P400 Amp &cap, Rockford Fosgate 6.5" and 6"X9", R1Concepts E-Line slotted/cross drilled Rotors w/ Pads and painted blue calipers, 6,000k flashtech HIDs, and chrome be gone...

Future Mods: GXP/AIT front bumper, LED tinted tails, modded painted headlights with halos, Rockford Fosgate 6"x9" in the back doors

Originally posted by danmccormick87
              gotta love iraq bootlegging

Comment

I made a how to... lemme find it
                2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                2005 CGM GTO.
                386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                  The Official How To Put on Rain-X Wipers Guide

The pieces! The blade itself, the base/adapter and the little cap.

Look at the base, you'll notice there's a little prong in the middle on one side that will line up directly into that little hole on the wiper.

Push them together till they snap in together. You might not hear a snap but it will stay.

You'll notice that the little contours on the base part line up with the wipers, get them lined up.

Slide the bottom part pictures here in first till snug, then slide the top part down after th bottom is in.

You should have this.

Go and put the little cap on and slide it on from the top so they wont come off.

You're good to go!!

Go do some wiping!!!
                  Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
                  386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                  2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    BTW RainX are the best I ever had

They've worked the best in the winter than any others i've had. I figured though you really have to replace them once a year for them to be real effective and they aren't cheap.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

wipers dont last too long in florida, sun dries the hell out of them
                      2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
                      2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                      613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
                      11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
                      New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6

They've worked the best in the winter than any others i've had. I figured though you really have to replace them once a year for them to be real effective and they aren't cheap.

x1000

i love them best ever will never use anything else.

AJ
                        De-Badged, Tinted Tails 3rd Brake Light
                        Custom Painted Interior, Engine/Battery Covers
                        Custom Intake, Racingline MM, Black Upper Grills
                        My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

I have them on my Monty and they work better than most other brands.

Comment

I had to modify the clip and mounting holes. It was a behatch

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRedDemon
                              I had to modify the clip and mounting holes. It was a behatch
                              ...you shouldn't have to if you got the right ones.....

I ordered the ones I have in the picture above right from Rain-X's site (Took 3 weeks to get here!) but they fit right on...

One thing I did not like was they came off very easily. In the winter when cleaning they would snap off if they were frozen on or something...
                              However thats a bad and good thing as others I had used to snap and break....

I still have stock AC Delco on the GTO, they put them on brand new when I bought it.... gonna order Rain-X next paycheck.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Working...
                              X