Deleting pinstripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting pinstripe

I'm thinking of getting rid of mine... thoughts?
    I did some chops...

What's the best material to use for something like this, goo-gone? or should I just take it somewhere?

Let it live.
    0%
    Kill it!
    0%
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

I used Goo Gone to take off the pinstripes on my Intrepid. It SUCKED. But I think that's because it was a 1997 and they were stock pinstripes. It was just stuck on there really good and was a bitch to get off. And when I finally got most of it off, you could tell where they were cuz the paint was so faded compared to what was underneath it and a lot of the vinyl or whatever was still stuck on there. But I imagine that with your car being so new, it shouldn't be as hard to get it off.

I like your car with the pinstripes. But whatever you decide to do will still probably rock lol

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

I would hate it if I had it on mine. The lines of this car are already so nice and clean. I feel like on a black coupe like yours/mine a pinstripe would take away from it. That's my preference anyway....
      2006 G6 GTP Coupe
      :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
      :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
      :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

It looks good either way, but I think I like it better without ...

... and that's strange because I've been trying to figure out graphics to add to my coupe
        (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

Removing the the pinstripes was the first mod i did to my 6er :smoke:
          Im thinking your would look better without as well. Hair dryer can be your friend when removing the pinstripes. I have used goo gone inthe past, that should work with the left over sticky stuff
          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I actually think they look good. I wouldn't add them to on ewithout them already, but I like the looks enough I wouldn't chance taking them off.
            I'M A TURNHUG6ER!

Comment

Hair dryer should be all you need, followed by some wax. Your car is not that old, so the glue should release with some heat.

:smoke:
              SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
              Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
              CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
              Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

I think they look good on your car, I'd leave them. But if you want to remove them, yes a hairdryer is the way to go. They'll peel right off. Then use something like goo-gone to remove the residue.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I think they look good on there, gives is a little different look to stand out a bit. But to remove them, just as everyone else says.

Comment

Depends..are they painted?
                    They were going to paint mine on
                    when I changed my mind and said no.
                    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I normally don't like pinstripes. On your car it really does not look to bad but if it was me I would remove it. In my experience, a heat gun workd well just like taking off a dealer sticker and then some adhesive remover. Or like everyone else says I'm sure your (girlfriend or wife's ) blowdryer and some wax will work too.
                      2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

I personally dont like the pin stipe and took it off of my last car the first chance I had. Yours dosent look bad, personally I wouldnt have put it on but it dose look nice on your car already and if you like it, keep it on. It dose look good
                        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                        Gotta have it Green color
                        Brembo brake package
                        420 HP 5.0L
                        Ford Racing Power Pack
                        GT500 track pack differential cover
                        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Get rid of them already
                          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I does match with your rims... but I'd get rid of them anyways.
                            COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
                            Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
                            MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"
                            Clicky for progression place

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

Peal off as best you can, then use a soft cloth and Lighter Fluid. I have found throughout the years, that lighter fluid is THE best for removing sticky glue from labels, double back tape...... or any stick on thing.
                              After that put the strips on in the correct (not dealer position) place. Just below/on the body crease, with runout on the front fender.

Later,
                              Don ruckmn@comcast.net
                              2006 G6 GTP Convertible
                              2005 Ford Focus Wagon
                              1996 Dodge Viper RT/10

Comment

Working...
                              X