Clicking Noise In Back When Going Over Bumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking Noise In Back When Going Over Bumps

Whenever I go over a say speedbump or the curb into my driveway I get loud sound (like tapping your finger on a table) from the back. I dont know if its wiring from the sunroof hitting the bottom of the roof or maybe the hose from the sunroof plumbing or what...

Anyone else ever get this?

Im paranoid that I am going to experience the wet seatbelt problem from leaking and of course the only rain we have been having lately is downpours.
    2006 G6 GTP Sedan Granite
    Cant really afford mods right now...but at some point...lol
    Paul

i just started hearing the noise the other day
    Now Im paranoid

Comment

I have the same type of rattle. So today at lunch, I had someone in the passenger seat listen to where it was coming from. It seems to be right were the Drainage tubes for the sunroof on the passenger side is. I might just pull down the headliner down this weekend and see if the tube is moving around hitting something.

Comment

Originally posted by cnagy65
        I have the same type of rattle. So today at lunch, I had someone in the passenger seat listen to where it was coming from. It seems to be right were the Drainage tubes for the sunroof on the passenger side is. I might just pull down the headliner down this weekend and see if the tube is moving around hitting something.
        Thats my biggest fear is that its that tube.
        2006 G6 GTP Sedan Granite
        Cant really afford mods right now...but at some point...lol
        Paul

Comment

Well I took the headliner down today. I found that a cable that is running from front to back moves around and makes a loud rattling sound. There are a couple of spots where a clip holds the cable to the body. It has some tape, but not that much, I wrapped them with more tape and secured each clip point to the body, so the movement is limited. Tommorow I will see if the rattle it gone.

The drainage tube is still in place since the last time I put them back together.

Does anyone know what that cable is for, It goes down Towards the back. It's only on the passenger side.

Comment

Well that didn't work, Still have the rattle.

Comment

Working...
            X