Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey Turnpike Police

Hey Guys and Gals,

Watch your rear view mirrors for this new addition to the State Police fleet of vehicles:

And if your going to Atlantic City, watch out for this bad boy:

Re: New Jersey Turnpike Police

waste of tax money plus one less Camaro out there for me to buy

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
    G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

I do see the need for the 'Vette's as interceptors but the Camaro... I think is overkill. They got it cause they wanted it. They could have easily added a practical SRT8 Charger to the lineup, they have tons here. They have balls with 400+hp and have room to throw perps in back. If they waited they could get the new Caprice as well.

The only good Camaro would be an undercover.. but even then.. it draws too much attention. Bad choice for PD unless they wanna show off.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Yeah the camaro doesn't make much sense at all but nor does the XLR Roadster I have seen pictures of with the lightbar on top making the hardtop useless lol.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

so pretty much your telling me when I come up the turnpike in 2 weeks to watch myself and watch all the usual hiding spots. I serisously doubt they are going to hide that behind a bridge in the muddy grassy area though. Maybe just maybe I can out run it in my civic downhill with a jet engine maybe

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
            so pretty much your telling me when I come up the turnpike in 2 weeks to watch myself and watch all the usual hiding spots. I serisously doubt they are going to hide that behind a bridge in the muddy grassy area though. Maybe just maybe I can out run it in my civic downhill with a jet engine maybe
            You can outrun it if you go off a cliff

When are you coming up and why??
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

as long as neither me or the wife are in the car.

I'll be up in jersey on the 23rd- 26th? Mainly so my wife can bring the nieces and nephews pumpkin picking, but also so i can visit some of my family... my grandmother is up their in age and don't know how much more time we have with her and my uncle is really sick with cancer of the liver and intestines, so another person i don't know how much longer we have with him. Plus I need to get my grand am put back together so i can put it up for sale. So it's going to be a very short tiring weekend. I did a similiar trip at the end of august to jersey and it flew by.

Comment

just a heads up, no tax dollars were spent on these rides. both rides were courtesy of Kerkeck Chevy in Atlantic City. so dont worry fellow NJers you didnt pay for these sweet rides.
                ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

Originally posted by coolmanvette75
                  just a heads up, no tax dollars were spent on these rides. both rides were courtesy of Kerkeck Chevy in Atlantic City. so dont worry fellow NJers you didnt pay for these sweet rides.

True, true and the Camaro is a 6 speed manual so it's got the 426 LARGE HP

Comment

M6?????????

That goes to show ya they have no intention of this being anything other than a show car

Every police car is automatic for a reason. Computer equipment and radios and other devices are mounted usually where the shifter is, and Police usually demand a steering column shifter. The Police Impala has it on the shifter where as the Civilian models are on the floor like the G6's. I'm almost certain the new Caprice has this as well. One thing is the shifter being on the floor.. second is having to keep your hand on it and use it. In a high speed pursuit any and all driver error needs to be reduced and the thing needs to go quick, which takes a manual hard to understand for cop use. Likewise... if they have to use the search light, and operate other equipment in the car. manual does not do.

Glad tax $ was not spent on it

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                      I do see the need for the 'Vette's as interceptors but the Camaro... I think is overkill. They got it cause they wanted it. They could have easily added a practical SRT8 Charger to the lineup, they have tons here. They have balls with 400+hp and have room to throw perps in back. If they waited they could get the new Caprice as well.

The only good Camaro would be an undercover.. but even then.. it draws too much attention. Bad choice for PD unless they wanna show off.
                      Guess you havent been to Atlantic city before Top speed limit is like 45 MPH and its all drug addicts and prositute there. So when they stop a drug dealer they have to wait for another car to come and pick them up then
                      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                      Gotta have it Green color
                      Brembo brake package
                      420 HP 5.0L
                      Ford Racing Power Pack
                      GT500 track pack differential cover
                      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Working...
                      X