• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontiac G5: internet only advertising

lol good luck to them with this one

http://adage.com/article?article_id=111535

I'd say it's a good idea...

honestly, I don't really pay much attention to TV/magazine/newspaper ads... but I love looking at any thing car related I can find online...

I know I saw the G6 for the first time online... the only non-internet ad for the G6 I remember seeing is one for the convertable... was on a TV in a waiting room somewhere, I actually remember thinking "that hard top is really neat... I saw something about that online..."
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

it's a good idea only if it works

i got sick of seeing banner ads and popups all over the place, and thanks to my firefox plugins they are a thing of the past. so basically, thanks to GM, i will never have to see an advertisement for the G5

Comment

It is just an uglier Cobalt, who cares?
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Bad idea. GM has probably the worst marketing in the world.
          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I've seen like no Pontiac commercials period.

GM is totally weaksauce!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Remember how they spent their entire G6 advertising budget on Oprah, YUCK! Totally backfired!

Comment

haha yeah they got a lot of publicity and still no one wanted to buy them

Comment

The only reason that the G6 had poor sales for 2005 was that they didn't have the GTP, or the Coupe or 'vert. They hadn't ramped up production yet.

It's selling well enough now. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 'verts sell 20,000 a year or more alone.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

The publicity was the wrong kind, period.

It actually hurt sales. Marketing people say it was the worst use of advertising money ever. Oprah looked great because everyone thinks she bought the cars and GM is selling a chick car that was never advertised....

John

Comment

Johns right. I'm one of those marketing people.

When GM gave the car's away via Oprah... (audience of which consists of housewives that watch TV all day)... guess what? It forever immortalized the G6 as the Oprah car. NO FUCKING KIDDING the GTP models didn't catch on right away?!??! You introduce the G6 as a housewive sedan, then wonder why the sport model sales drag along??? Not to mention a complete brush off by the aftermarket community....

You want to see GTP's, coupes, vert's, etc with a 6 speed option sell... and the 'red carpet' you roll out is made up of daytime TV women??

That was the dumbest fucking move PERIOD.
                      2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

Plus... how many guys on here have bought a G6 for their wives? Quite a few. I definitely agree that the whole Oprah thing was a wrong move on GM's part. But then again, that was the first time I've ever heard of a G6, which was from the news and stuff about Oprah's giveaway. I rarely see any advertisements for any GM product, let alone a G6. Bleh!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

They skimp on ads and wonder why sales never seem to take off. Giving away 50 cars or even a hundred for that matter is pennies on the dollar to what other companies spend.

GM needs to invest... in itself.
                          2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

What tv channels are you guys watching? I used to see ads for the g6 coupe/torrent/solstice a few times everyday. Not as much now, but I still see them. As for the G5, I always see it popping up on news sites in the corner and other places around the net.
                            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Compared to other car makers, GM is without question the minority when it comes to TV ads.
                              2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X