Lowering springs and wider wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering springs and wider wheels

Has anyone run into a problem with this? (on any vehicle... doesn't have to be G6--since I'm pretty sure no one has done both yet.)

Basically, what I am thinking, is that lowering springs don't actually change the path of motion... they just start it lower... so if the wider wheels don't rub when you hit bumps with stock springs, they shouldn't have a problem with them dropped.
    Though, I am also worried about the fenders...

Any thoughts? Am I completely wrong?

As for numbers, I'll probably be dropping it 1.4" and putting new wheels and 245 width tires on it...

though if I can only do one... will probably do the wheels/tires

(stop by my Cardomain site and vote for the wheels I should get)
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Are you going to cut the bump stops shorter? Since the travel is going to be limited with the lower springs, many times the bump stops need to be cut. If the wheel wells curve in too much, it may rub there.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

You're correct Jake. The big name companies put it 'spacer' coils just to make sure the total compression won't let the stock wheel/tire slam into anything that it wouldn't already. You never know with knock-off brands, but with Eibach, H&R etc you're safe.
      2006 G6 GTP Coupe
      :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
      :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
      :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Working...
      X