lowering back only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering back only

does anyone know if you can purchase lowering springs for the rear only? I'd like to lower the back to make it look like the front.
    bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

I would think, you could just buy a set of springs and only swap out the back ones.

But I'm thinking doing only the back will throw off performance.

Good luck with it either way though! I'm curious to see how it would look level (since they definitly seem to be pointing downward)
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

AINT NUTTIN TO IT BUT TO "DO IT"

Comment

As far as I know especially with the limited springs available for the G6, you would have to buy a full set. If it were a honda or a more popular car you could ebay just a rear set probably. Anywho, I dont forsee any problems with lowering just a rear but it might throw off the feel of the car a little?! Alot of people in other cars have lowered just the front or rear, I know Cobalts had a hight sitting rear end so alot of people were lowering just the rear! But for now I imagine your best be being to order a full set and just save the fronts incase you ever want them, or if someone else does in the future!

Hope that helps some!
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

any thoughts on how it would affect the feel or performance of the car?
          bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Comment

well... you're putting weight bias towards the rear... on a front wheel drive car

I'd imagine you'd lose traction more easily, so you'll have to accelerate slower, and will lose some steering ability

granted, if you are just dropping it a bit, the difference will be small... but you definitly won't be helping but if you prefer the leaning back stance to performance, go for it

(I prefer a forward/down stance my self...)
            Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
            GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

If you just want to lower the rear just cut the rear springs.
              2009 Panther Black G8 GT
              334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Never cut springs. They werent meant to be cut, that can really fuck up your day My one buddy had somebody do that, it came out great, rode around n nothing happened. Until one after noon when it started to rain, the spring cracked under pressure and made the car slam on the shock alone. He's ok, but the suspension is fucked. Just my .02

Comment

i know people who do cut springs but i would never consider it for anything i drive. it just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Comment

Before anyone else replies to that silly idea: I'm sure that Jordie was joking, as he knows quite a bit about cars.

sigpic
                    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I'll just keep it the way it is, thanks for the input.
                      bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Comment

Before anyone else replies to that silly idea: I'm sure that Jordie was joking, as he knows quite a bit about cars.
                        I ment to put a " :P " but it didn't show up for some reason.
                        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Just out of curiousty why would you want to just lower the rear? Just for looks?
                          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

He said he wanted it to look like the front. I thought low rider though.
                            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Ya, But i didnt know if he was referring to the wheel gap or the bottom of the body. I really didnt think there was much of a difference on how the gtps sit, but then again i have a gt sedan
                              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Working...
                              X