Radiator Flushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Flushing

Well I am kind of new to the site, haven't posted, but have been a member of the site for a while, so this is one of the first posts for me. I got a couple weeks off work so I'm going to do some work on the car. Change plugs, rotate tires, change transmission fluid since I got 45k on it now, flush the coolant to get the old stuff out, and change the old air filter. I was just wondering if anyone has used the Prestone Radiator Flush stuff in the store to clean the system of the Dex-Cool. Thats the route I was thinking about going unless anyone has any better idea's.

Re: Radiator Flushing

go for it
    87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
    90 Eagle Talon TSI
    09 G6 Progression(New Car)
    My Progression

Comment

Search my posts, I went from Dex-cool to green stuff this past May.

No problems since....

I am using Peak Blue

Comment

why do you want to get rid of the dex-cool?
        Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

Originally posted by stupendusd
          why do you want to get rid of the dex-cool?
          Dex-cool is not a user-friendly coolant. It can gunk up on you and ruin your engine. The regular green coolant is much more forgiving and works better. It just need to be changed every 2 years while Dex-cool can generally last for 5 years.

Comment

good to know. guess I'll be doing that to mine next time I change my oil
            Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

that prestone crap doesnt do anything but create foam. best thing to do is find a buddy at the local quick lube and get them to pressure flush it and get him to put in the coolant of ure choice
              Daily-2006 G6 GT Sedan: Side exit exhaust, Custom intake, Custom ram air through the grill How To: Ram Air Through Grill, Pioneer Premeir 600rms pushing one Cadence Daytona 12, 8K low beams, 3K fogs
              Future Plans: Upper and Lower Intake manifolds, TB upgrade, Street/strip heads, Street/strip camshaft and springs, Tune, Bigger Brakes, Tint, Projector Headlights, LED Taillamps, Lower, 18's

Show-1992 S-10: Fully bagged F.B.S.S.

Comment

Working...
              X