Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know where i could purchase a splash shield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Know where i could purchase a splash shield?

they dont carry it at the dealer...so i guess the only thing i would have to do is just wait...but who knows how long that would take...if you know anywhere i could purchase one it would be very helpful...
    2005 Silver Pontiac G6 GT - Black/Chrome 17'' Rims, Alpine Type S 10'' Sub, Black Front/Rear Emblems

What is a splash shield?

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
      What is a splash shield?
      X2

Comment

is that the name? its the plastic thing where the hood and windshield meet...
        2005 Silver Pontiac G6 GT - Black/Chrome 17'' Rims, Alpine Type S 10'' Sub, Black Front/Rear Emblems

Comment

Yeah they are called that, but it is a general term actually so there are different kinds. So you can't order it from the dealer? I don't think you'll be able to just buy one somewhere, something like that should have to be ordered. It shouldn't take too long, really.

Comment

ah, i always heard it referred to as a wiper cowl. but yeah the dealership is the way to go.

Comment

If that's the name, that's the name. I honestly had no idea what that piece was called.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I thought wiper cowl too.. but I thought a wiper cowl was that ginormous plastic thing people put on aftermarket... Is that stock plastic piece still called a wiper cowl too then?

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Originally posted by HottG6Mama
                  I thought wiper cowl too.. but I thought a wiper cowl was that ginormous plastic thing people put on aftermarket... Is that stock plastic piece still called a wiper cowl too then?
                  that is what i have always known the stock piece as, but that doesn't mean that's the real name for the piece.

Comment

not sure if you are looking for the oem part or the aftermarket cover for the ws wipers-
                    the oem parts are:grill asy air inlet-2005-10394767-2006-15286581
                    the panel upper is-89022965
                    these are the parts for the cowl -
                    2006 Fusion Orange Coupe GT, Limo Tint, Chrome strut Bar, Chrome intake, Debadged, Metalic Silver PONTIAC wind shield, Metalic silver pin stripe, Chrome wheels with Locks, Aftermarket rear spoiler, GT-R exhaust, Painted engine and battery covers,

Comment

ooo ok i guess ill just have to wait...on the other hand...where could i get a air box at a reasonable price? or a right fog light?

Comment

Bristol is right, wiper cowl. Monica you are thinking of what they call the Wiper cowl cover, normally you see them on trucks. And they are very expensive....
                        As for where to get replacement parts, newgmparts.com :smoke:
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X