New Intake/problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Intake/problem

Ok, so for lack of time and energy (mostly energy) I decided to just take out the air box and throw a filter on the end. Not really expecting performance, I just love the sound. Anyway, here is what came of it:

different angle

And for your viewing pleasure...

It sounds awesome, but as you can see in the topic, I have a problem. When I put this in, I didn't bother removing the negative terminal (just FYI). i put the intake on, and normally where I would get 18-19mpg's, I seem to be getting 13-14mpg's. Now, I realize that part of this is because I love the sound...and thus am holding revs a little longer. But I stopped doing this for a while, reset the DIC and it still seems to be this way. I am going to drive it a little longer, but I am looking for ideas/suggestions. Thanks!
    Some days your the dog...some days your the fire hydrant!

yes gas mileage usually does decrease after people put intakes on their cars for that reason What do you mean by you reset the DIC? You pulled the battery cable?

Sounds nice btw.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Go ahead and remove the negative to reset the computer. Should take about 20 minutes. You are noticing a decrease because you hit the pedal harder/did not reset the computer.

John
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

i did this wai setup didnt reset the computer and gained 3 mpg ...... leadfooting so who knows......... but i would definately reset it

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
          yes gas mileage usually does decrease after people put intakes on their cars for that reason What do you mean by you reset the DIC? You pulled the battery cable?

Sounds nice btw.
          i meant I held down "enter" to reset the mpg's on the display. But I think the "lead-foot" error may have been the problem. It has improved. I may still reset just to be sure, but thanks for the help!
          Some days your the dog...some days your the fire hydrant!

Comment

if you reset you will notice a bigger difference and better mpg

Comment

it will eventually catch up...but if you pull the battery cable it will happen quicker.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
              X