do they make a cat delete y pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do they make a cat delete y pipe?

does anyone know if they make a cat delete y pipe yet??? i have not been able to find one??? any help would be great
    2001 Mustang GT
    1988 Mustang GT
    2006 G6 Coupe GT

any half decent exhaust shop should be able to weld one up for you.

Comment

The car will not run right afterwards. Unless you have access to ecm alterations and recalibrations, I would not go there.

-SAM-

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R
        The car will not run right afterwards. Unless you have access to ecm alterations and recalibrations, I would not go there.

-SAM-
        thanx for the advice i did not know that... do they make dummy senors or anything like that 2 trick the car thinking it still has cats???
        2001 Mustang GT
        1988 Mustang GT
        2006 G6 Coupe GT

Comment

As far I know, no there isnt. There isnt much out for the G6 yet besides CAI, exhaust and a PCM tune except any of the trims besides the 2.4L because they have the colbalt aftermarket. And the technical stuff such as aftermarket sensors ect I havent heard of anything out at all
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster
            thanx for the advice i did not know that... do they make dummy senors or anything like that 2 trick the car thinking it still has cats???
            There are universal electrical O2 simulators available, or you can do a mechanical fix which just moves the sensor slightly out of the exhuast flow and fakes the ECU to thinking there is still a cat.
            04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
            Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Originally posted by mbiker97
              Originally posted by Rooster
              There are universal electrical O2 simulators available, or you can do a mechanical fix which just moves the sensor slightly out of the exhuast flow and fakes the ECU to thinking there is still a cat.
              thats what i was looking for.. has anyone tried them??
              2001 Mustang GT
              1988 Mustang GT
              2006 G6 Coupe GT

Comment

We used to make our own MIL eliminators with parts from RadioShack when we put on aftermarket y-pipes and gutted the pre-cats on our Cougars. I imagine it's doable here, you just need to figure out the right resistance and capacitance.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I just plan on relocating my Cat when ever headers are avalable. By that time i'll have HP Tuners so that wont be an issue.
                  2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                  334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

If these cars were designed with a single cat system, then the cats would be a real flow issue. Being that there are two cats, one for each bank, it's not that much of an issue. Keep in mind that some areas are very strict about the emission and have heavy penalties for tampering. In our area they are setting emission sniffers with cameras. Once a vehicle passes by and is caught emitting more than normal emissions a picture of the plate is taken. Right now they are just monitoring the roads, but I hear that in the near future, letters will be mailed to the owners with a request to have the cars inspected and face possible fines. The real area of concern is the area that Blackrider is addressing. The "Y" pipe.

Comment

damn...
                      Originally posted by TLS2000
                      Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                      GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

i gutted the cat on the 93 ga and the exhaust sounds badass now.... but do these g6s have an o2 sensor behind the cat?

Comment

Any modern vehicle should. That way the emission system can tell if the cat is still functioning properly... meow.
                          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I totally forgot that theres two cats on the G6 and GT-R is right, with two cats on the car there is very little/ no restriction on a N/A motor. Only time the G6 cats will become restrictive if you do forced introduction. Also you cant get around an O2 sensor anymore like you use to on the foxbody fords of the 80's ect where it was in the header or manifold all the modern cars like Kyle (G6performance) said is there behind the kitty cat.

If you want to be on a buget and want performance cheaply on your exhaust is take out the exhaust resinator and muffler and get like a high flow Flow Mastor or a Magna Flow I would recomend.

OR....... Just put a P after the GT and no one will ever know
                            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                            Gotta have it Green color
                            Brembo brake package
                            420 HP 5.0L
                            Ford Racing Power Pack
                            GT500 track pack differential cover
                            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

emission control is just a way to reduce hp

Comment

Working...