g6 v6 3500 vs. g6 gt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g6 v6 3500 vs. g6 gt

This may be a stupid question, but does the 2008 g6 base with the v6 on the back have the same horspower as a 2008 g6 gt because they both have the 3500?
    2008 Black GT Sedan
    20% front tint, 5% rear, 50% whole windshield/GTR exhaust/blacked out tails/black projectors with HID/crab fenderwall intake/
    gxp wheels/red calipers/black arrowheads/12" Kenwood subwoofer/MSU license plate bracket and chrome S

Re: g6 v6 3500 vs. g6 gt

Yes, but the GT would win because of gearing.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
      I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

The V6 Ver has the ecotec gearing doesnt it?
        Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
          thanks, i was also wondering how much of a difference using the TAPshift makes in performance if im shifting at a high rpm
          2008 Black GT Sedan
          20% front tint, 5% rear, 50% whole windshield/GTR exhaust/blacked out tails/black projectors with HID/crab fenderwall intake/
          gxp wheels/red calipers/black arrowheads/12" Kenwood subwoofer/MSU license plate bracket and chrome S

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunG6GT
            thanks, i was also wondering how much of a difference using the TAPshift makes in performance if im shifting at a high rpm
            it won't make any positive difference.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Whose V6 Vs Whose GT?

My V6 vs Determineds GT.... i would do this

However... if i was to race GTRs GT i would get

stock for stock... i am saying it depends on the driver.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunG6GT
                it won't make any positive difference.
                I tried using it at the track a few times the first time I tried it I got a worse time then when I just put it in drive but then tried it again and it was about the same,... I don't really think its that great

Comment

Tap shift is much more useful on winding or hilly roads instead of straight line acceleration.

Comment

The GT has a lower axle at 3.29 versus the standard V6 at 3.05. The GT also nets you the tapshift, chrome wheels and some other add ons but nothing as far as performance goes other than the axle ratio.

The tapshift also consumes more fuel (EPA) than the standard 4 speed auto. I went with the tapshift (GT ONLY!) just to have better engine braking, and to lessen gear hunting when driving around town. I only use the auto mode maybe 20% of the time, mainly in slow traffic so I can spend more brain power on changing the radio stations/CD changer (aftermarket trunk mounted 12disc).

I get decent mileage even with the auto stick. Around town I keep the engine in the 2-3K range on the tach. Anything more around town and the torque falls off fast above 3400rpm. Nothing like a good ol' pushrod engine!

If I bought the car solely for my wife to use, I would've went with the standard V6. I4 seemed a bit noisy with city driving. The base V6 I drove cruised at 105km/h under 1800rpm where as the GT is close to 2K rpm at the same speed. She never uses the auto stick, and can't drive a manual transmission either (that'll change soon), not to mention the fact that she's more of a sedate driver in just being able to get from A to B without having any fun behind the wheel.
                    2006 Pontiac G6 GT (stock) - 44,000kms
                    2000 Dodge Durango R/T (modded) - 185,000kms
                    1999 Ford Taurus SE 2V (stock) - 206,000kms

Comment

The stock GT is a little faster than a stock v6

Comment

Working...
                      X