HELP PLEASE! URGENT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PLEASE! URGENT!

So I have a K-40 Radar Hardwired somewhere into where my overhead lights are and the sunroof controls because it is mounted underneath my mirror. The guy who installed it must have tapped into the wrong wire because it wont come on with the ignition like i wanted and it will randomly turn on when the car is off! So basically i'm wondering if anyone know which wire i should tap into up there that is run on ignition! Please help i want to do this asap so i dont get a ticket or run my battery down! THANKS!
    2006 G6 GTP. Loaded, Blacked out emblems, powdercoated wheels, blacked out front grill, tinted windows, tinted tails, K40 Radar...

Re: HELP PLEASE! URGENT!

I tapped my radar detector and interior lights into my Radio fuse... its been a while but ill check later tonight where exactly the fuse is.
    Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

I think thats located in the fuse box though...im just talkin about tapping directly into a wire that is in the overhead sunroof module so i dont have to run a wire all the way to my fuse box. Like i said i already have it tapped in up there but the guy tapped into the wrong wire. Thanks tho!
      2006 G6 GTP. Loaded, Blacked out emblems, powdercoated wheels, blacked out front grill, tinted windows, tinted tails, K40 Radar...

Comment

volt meter?

Comment

go to a local auto parts store and buy an "add a fuse" you take a fuse out that has 12 volt ignition, put the add a fuse in its place with the stock fuse in the first slot, the second slot you put whatever fuse you want and it has a small pigtail wire comming off it with a butt splice. Just crimp the connector to your hardline and DONE!!! They're about 10 bucks.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

theres a pic for ya
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
              volt meter?
              talk about fast response...a whole 4 months later..

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
              I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
                Originally posted by bluegtp33
                volt meter?
                talk about fast response...a whole 4 months later..

Comment

the yellow wire going to the sunroof motor is only hot during key on. it is labeled 'accessory voltage' and runs from the BCM though. i would check to make sure it is a 12v wire and not like a 5v reference or something like that before tapping into it. even then i would question tapping into a wire coming from the BCM. the actual power wire to the sunroof (red/white) is wired straight through the fuse box to the battery so it is hot all the time, key on and off.

Comment

Working...
                  X