My turn for the STB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My turn for the STB

So I got my STB today (Saturday delivery by FedEX) and you know I had to install it right away. Woud have been 30 mins top if I hadn't dropped one of the nuts and had to spend time on that

Anyway, pics first then some notes from my experience.

How 'bout this decal placement?

But what about the rubbing mod, you ask? Okay, here's what I did:

Checked the fit of the STB and saw there was some room for play in the mounting bracket holes/slots. So I placed the STB on the smooth, hard, concrete basement floor with a layer of cloth under each end to prevent scratches. "Leaned" on each end of the STB right where the bend is and was able to lower the bar height over 1/10" (you can do that when you weigh 250+ ).

Covered each end of the STB with a couple layers of cloth and "flattened" the mounting brackets again so the bar wouldn't bend back up when it was installed. Added the decal before heading to the garage.

Installed the STB on the car and tightened the nuts 'til they felt about as tight as the others. I'll check them with a torque wrench at work on Monday.

Then, to see if I'm going to have a rubbing problem, I put a few drops of "thick liquid" (ketchup ) along the bar, closed the hood completely, then opened it again and checked for any ketchup .. er, liquid ... spots on the bottom of the hood. Over several attempts it took almost a 1/8" bubble of liquid before I got even two tiny specks on the hood, right where the rubbing happens.

Maybe the aftermarkarket MPD ram air hood has a little more room, maybe I was able to lower the STB enough, or a little of both, but I think with 1/8" static clearance I should be alright even with the dynamic forces and stresses during cornering (I don't drive it that hard most of the time).

I'll keep an eye on it and let you know.
    (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

looks really good
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Looks awesome!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Sweet, loving the decal on it too
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Good job. I would check again after a hard aggressive cornering. Mine should be in on Tuesday. I also got the GM badge thingy.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

That is a pretty good idea, bend the corners. Ill be sure to do that. thanks dude! ! :P

Comment

Ah you stole my idea on the decal placement actually I was gonna put one of mine facing the front, rather than up.

Looks good, nice stuff.

Comment

Looks great

Official Sound Dude of the SWO

Comment

yummie

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                    Ah you stole my idea on the decal placement actually I was gonna put one of mine facing the front, rather than up.
                    I thought about that, too, but it seemed more visible this way. Either looks good, though.
                    (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

Looks great! I am going to get myself a bar too soon
                      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                      Gotta have it Green color
                      Brembo brake package
                      420 HP 5.0L
                      Ford Racing Power Pack
                      GT500 track pack differential cover
                      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

is there any rubbing so far???

Comment

I got a quote on the STB from the local dealership today while I was waiting for the shuttle bus.

$295.72 CDN

I may be ordering it eventually from a web site to have it shipped to Noah's house or something. That's fucking crazy.

Looks good on your car dude!

sigpic
                          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Aight, as far as the STB rubbing goes (if slightly bending it doesnt work), where can you buy those rubber things that goes in the holes of the hood? That way i can be prepared. What exactly are they called?

Comment

You can get them at pepboys... cost a couple of bucks (for a box of 4)

body-tite brand, part number 45623... you'll find them with a bunch of other body plugs and screws and stuff
                              Originally posted by TLS2000
                              Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                              GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Working...
                              X