Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buyin GTP. Should I be worried about mech issues?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyin GTP. Should I be worried about mech issues?

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy an electric blue GTP coupe at the end of february. But after reading this forum and a few others, I'm concerned about the quality of the car. What issues can I look to expect from a 6speed, 6disc, sunroof, ebony leather interior, and bright 18"'s.

So far I've read about shifting issues in the 6spd, squeeks, poppin noises, loss of steering, cd player malfunctions, paint issues, overstarting issues, windows freezing and not dropping down (I live in Canada and this concerns me). There may be more that I can't think of.

Are these bugs worked out? I will be getting an 06 model at the end of Feb. Are some of these bugs specific to sedans or GT's? I'm interrested in the ones that will directly effect me.

I had an 03 tiburon before this and had quite a few issues being a first year model and all.

Any information would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    6MT

I tried to post this reply once already, not sure why it didn't show up.

every car int he world has issues. of course the only thing you will ever find on the net is complaints about cars. that's because most people don't take the time and effort to say good things about stuff that works right. anger is a very powerful emotion that drives us to do weird stuff. i say buy the G6. you will have probelms of some sort with whatever car you buy. in this case if the problems are to much for you, make GM buy it back. i have a good feeling you will be pleasantly surprised wiht this vehicle though. i was.

if my last message ends up posting, the moderators can take whichever one down they feel is neccesary. i'll apoligize in advance if it does...
    2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

Comment

Re: Buyin GTP. Should I be worried about mech issues?

Originally posted by Glytch
      Hey guys, I'm looking to buy an electric blue GTP coupe at the end of february. But after reading this forum and a few others, I'm concerned about the quality of the car. What issues can I look to expect from a 6speed, 6disc, sunroof, ebony leather interior, and bright 18"'s.

So far I've read about shifting issues in the 6spd, squeeks, poppin noises, loss of steering, cd player malfunctions, paint issues, overstarting issues, windows freezing and not dropping down (I live in Canada and this concerns me). There may be more that I can't think of.

Are these bugs worked out? I will be getting an 06 model at the end of Feb. Are some of these bugs specific to sedans or GT's? I'm interrested in the ones that will directly effect me.

I had an 03 tiburon before this and had quite a few issues being a first year model and all.

Any information would be appreciated.
      Thanks.
      Well, I have had my G6 GTP for 2 months and I have no real problems to report. The 6 speed manual has appeared to loosen up and shifts pretty good now. It is a little notchy, but I can reach every gear. Sixth gear is easy to reach and I use it often now, because it is a gas saver. There is no issue with the steering, due to the fact it is hydraulic. The G6 sedan has a problem with its electric steering. The window could be a possible problem cold weather, due to the indexing feature. You have to be careful in icing conditions, because the window may freeze. The solution to this situation is covered in another thread.
      My GTP is a pleasure to drive and I am enjoying it more every day.
      2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
      Forge Motorsports BPV
      CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
      HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
      HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Read this topic for more info:
        2006 Fusion Orange G6 GTPOS Coupe 6MT ~ #75
        Vision Bulbs 6000k HID Xenon low beams

Comment

i have had my g6 gtp since december and i havent had any problems wiht mine.i say go ahead and buy it
          99 mustang cobra
          Pontiac G6 GTP--totalled
          porsche 928 euro s

Comment

same here, no problems had it since november

these are a few cars with problems out of around what guys 200,000

that is pretty good

Comment

I bought my GTP in September and have no real issues to complain about, except it feels slow now lol. And that's just cause I'm used to it.
              "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

Working...
              X