Went to dealer today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to dealer today

I had a clunk in the frontend on slow turns and accel. I found a TSB at work yesterday, 06-02-32-007F, lube intermediate shaft. They test drove it, heard the clunk, lubed the shaft and washed my car. Only took about a half hour. No more noise.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
    4 door mafia
    93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
    8000k hid's
    Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
    Rotofab cai and radiator cover
    13.207@107.11
    330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Re: Went to dealer today

I had mine in for the same thing last winter they had it for like 2 hours said they relpaced the stabalizer link but about 2 days later it started making the same noise I think I'm going to take it back that noise gets so annoying

Comment

Mine was the stabilizer link also. Made noise at slow speed on bumps. Not a clunk though, more like a rattle.

Comment

I had the clunk they lubes the I-shaft for me too. So have the hole thing replaced though
        87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
        90 Eagle Talon TSI
        09 G6 Progression(New Car)
        My Progression

Comment

I have that too! It went away after I jacked my car up to paint the calipers a few weeks ago. It came back two days ago. The steering shaft was supposed to have a different design to fix this problem. Why is it happening in our 2008 cars? Mine is a series of about six fast clunks as I turn left and then they happen again as I straighten the wheel. One clunk happens when coming to a stop and then again when I accelerate.

Comment

There is 2 designs for the i-shaft. The bulletin came out on 8-24-09 and it could effect 2005-2010 G6's.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
            4 door mafia
            8000k hid's
            Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
            13.207@107.11

Comment

Mine is starting to have the clunk too.

Dark Steel Gray Metallic 2.4 litre ecotec, 5% lumar tint on the back, Luminics Ultra White 5150k headlights, 12" Kicker Comp VR sub, 300.1 Rockford Fosgate amp, K & N Drop in air filter, Leds under dash and in trunk, Debadged, Red Calipers, Black Overlays on Emblems.

Comment

Do you have the actual service bulletin text?

Comment

I do, but the bulletin is like 8 pages long.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                  4 door mafia
                  8000k hid's
                  Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                  13.207@107.11

Comment

I had them just replace my shaft under the 3y/36k.
                    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Just had mine replaced with the new design shaft about a week ago. Nice and smooth now. Took the dealer about 30 minutes to install, although I had to wait about two weeks for the part to arrive cause they have been on back order. Hopefully the new design will eliminate this problem once and for all.

Btw, it's been posted elsewhere, but if you have the new style shaft do not lubricate it. Only the old design shafts can be lubricated.

Comment

That's what I'm confused about. The 2008 vehicles are supposed to have the new shafts, but these people are getting them lubricated. Could my car have been built before they switched over?

Comment

I'm sure it was. They start making the next model year cars halfway through the calender year. My 2008 was built in 2007, first registered in October 2007. From what I've read the new design intermediate shafts are a relatively recent development, so most (if not all) 2008's probably use the old style shaft.

*EDIT* I just saw that your signature says "born 10/2007"...so there ya go!

Comment

That explains it. Is there a way to have the dealer replace the shaft instead of just lubricate it.

Comment

That's one of the most common problems with many GM cars. My dad has been the Pittsburgh area service rep for GM for the last 31 years, so I hear about all the problems. Mine had this recurring problem so he came home from work one day and said that I had an appointment to get it swapped for the new design which completely solves the problem. It works! Oh, and it didn't have the problem at the time but having the service rep as my dad has its perks.

Btw, he's retiring on Wednesday!!!!!!
                              sigpic
                              Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Working...
                              X