Solstice GXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solstice GXP

That thing has to be a fucking blast to drive... with a few mods in it... holy crap

if they made that hard top version... I'd buy it in a heart beat... I'm tempted as it is

kinda reminds of the BMW Z3 coupe (I always liked it, even though I seemed to be in th minority on that one)
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

One of the guys I work with is getting his in about a month. I'll let you know how it drives. Factory forced induction is the way to go for cheap mods with big return. There is a shop in Europe that makes hard tops for them too, since you can't have a rag top in SCCA racing.
    04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
    Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Rumour has it that GM will be selling a coupe version later this year.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Rumour has it that GM will be selling a coupe version later this year.
        if that's true... looks like I may be spending some more money

Comment

the origninal car I was going to get when I started looking was the solstice, but the price inflation the dealerships where doing was crazy! There was NO way I was going to pay 28-32 K for a 24K soltitice! Plus I would have liked an auto than a mannual but could have tolerated but I work to hard to pay a dealer an extra 4-6K. So I got my G6 instead at the end. But the GXP is a very nice and going to be a VERY fast car! Light cars w a 4cyl turbo w moddern technology has some CRAZY numbers being produced. Alot has changed since the 80s 4cly turbos
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

lol that thing looks like a cartoon. kinda looks like a MR2 sized dodge viper.

Comment

Yeah kinda looks like a mini viper in some ways.

Comment

Any idea what number this thing will put up on the strip. This thing weighs nothing and has over 300 hp. So yeah it will fly.
                Originally posted by Nikki
                You are an e-pimp.
                Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                I tried too, my penis way too big
                07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
                  Any idea what number this thing will put up on the strip. This thing weighs nothing and has over 300 hp. So yeah it will fly.
                  I maybe a little off but motor trend said 0-60 in the mid to low 5s and like a 13.7-13.9 quartermile but def a 13 sec car
                  2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                  Gotta have it Green color
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack
                  GT500 track pack differential cover
                  BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

It should weigh nothing. Pontiac say its 2976. Not nearly as bad as the sky, but kinda hefty for what it is. Those numbers above seem realistic. Finding the room to put proper sized rear tires will probably be an issue.
                    04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:

Comment

Originally posted by mbiker97
                      It should weigh nothing. Pontiac say its 2976. Not nearly as bad as the sky, but kinda hefty for what it is. Those numbers above seem realistic. Finding the room to put proper sized rear tires will probably be an issue.
                      Just tub out the trunk... or have 'em stick out the side if you have to

I'm hoping if the do make a coupe version that they don't just stick a top on what they have now... it'd be nice if they actually took the time, and made a new frame (would be lighter than the original that way)

Comment

it'd be nice if they actually took the time, and made a new frame (would be lighter than the original that way)
                        No way. They are using the global kappa frame so that will stay the same for sure. However, just like the G6 sedan and coupe they may make a new unibody for it. I hope they don't change the line at all though....and yes a true coupe would hopefully be a bit lighter than what they have now.

Comment

Originally posted by mbiker97
                          it'd be nice if they actually took the time, and made a new frame (would be lighter than the original that way)
                          No way. They are using the global kappa frame so that will stay the same for sure. However, just like the G6 sedan and coupe they may make a new unibody for it. I hope they don't change the line at all though....and yes a true coupe would hopefully be a bit lighter than what they have now.
                          oops, yeah meant body (obviously they won't change the frame)

<-- ooo just hit the big 1000

Comment

Working...
                          X