possible alternative to dash kits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible alternative to dash kits...

I'm not sure exactly why you "need" the DIC dash kits, I recall reading if you dont you get codes thrown. Anyways, assuming thats the case, and assuming this works just like a DIC (it does everything the DIC does anyways) it might prove to be a nice alternative. Its not cheap, but its red and could mount almost anywhere. Thoughts?

View all results for . Search our huge selection of new and used video games at fantastic prices at GameStop.
    2007 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71 4x4

Haha thinkgeek rules! Not sure how well that would work, but nice find.

Comment

that plugs into the OBD-II port though.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

The 6 ft cord would be plenty, no? Good find
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

yea but wouldn't you still need to plug in the factory harness behind the radio into something? The computer might not pick it up if that harness isn't plugged into something with a DIC..
          -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. The unit in question would plug into the OBD2 port as you said. It would be a great alternative to those adding an aftermarket headunit so they could still keep a monitor on what the car is doing.

Again, I think I'm just not understanding your question because I'm pretty sure you already knew all that. Now I'm confused...
            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I would think that it won't give you a lot of the information that the DIC gives you, such as the OLM notifications, odometer A&B, etc..

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

^ that's somewhat what I'm trying to get at. It doesn't include all the features the regular DIC has, so maybe it will mess up something? As if you had no DIC at all?
                -Mike #1

Comment

Working...
                X