Mazda RX8 Recall !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda RX8 Recall !!!

Somehow I always knew this is going to happen... Way too much problem for a typical Japanese car. This will not bode well to current owners. Yikes!

They talk about the squeaking brakes problem I think GM should start admitting that their brakes + rotors sucks shit and needs to be re-service and fix cuz of the squeaking problems!
    MONTEREY, Calif. -- After suffering a black eye from disclosing that it won't count RX-8 owners' opinions in its internal customer-satisfaction scores, Mazda says it may have to replace the engines in many of its flagship sports cars.
    The voluntary recall of all 2004 and 2005 vehicles, and some 2006s, is expected to be announced this week or next. It involves damage to the catalyst resulting from oil leaks in the RX-8's rotary engine.

Any engine that does not pass a vacuum test must be replaced, said Robert Davis, head of product development and quality at Mazda North American Operations.

Engines prone to failing the test are mostly in hot climates and use synthetic oils.

Mazda also will check each RX-8's battery and starter, which tend to fail in cold climates.

"We're going to give these cars the white-glove treatment," Davis said. "We would rather replace the engine than have the dealer crack them open."

Davis would not disclose the projected failure rate of the engines or the cost to replace them.

Mazda has a remanufacturing center in North Carolina that will rebuild faulty engines and return them to service.

The recall comes after a video Webcast by two dealers who attended the July 11-13 National Dealer Advisory Council meetings in Newport Beach, Calif., was leaked on the Internet.

In the video, dealers said problems with the RX-8 were unfairly lowering Mazda customer-satisfaction scores.

Mazda informed the dealers that RX-8 owners would continue to be surveyed, but that the responses would not factor into dealer customer-satisfaction scores.

Mazda has issued service bulletins on such trouble spots as squeaky brakes and engine flooding.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/04/mazd ... aked-video

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

They should really give up on the rotary engine. It's a nice engine, but they have a history of developing problems.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

"We would rather replace the engine than have the dealer crack them open."

so basically Mazda techs probably don't even know how a rotary engine works let alone how to work on one. the fact that they are shelling out to replace them makes quite a statement about the ineptitude of their technicians.

Comment

wow... ouch

I say just yank 'em out and drop a chevy small block in there
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

wow! I almost bought one of those! I really wanted one, and was even willing to deal with all the little things you have to do differently with the rotary engine. Thank god I saw that black G6 in that lot!
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
            wow... ouch

Small block coming from mr 502 here is kinda funny to me.
            Originally posted by Nikki
            You are an e-pimp.
            I tried too, my penis way too big
            07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
            My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
            The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
              wow... ouch

Small block coming from mr 502 here is kinda funny to me.
              If you put a 502 in that thing... the rear wheels would never touch the ground... :P

I guess you could always put it in the trunk...

my 502... with all the acessories on it... weighs over half a ton
              Originally posted by TLS2000
              Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
              GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

I just got hard. Damn that is sexy. Displacement is rad.
                Originally posted by Nikki
                You are an e-pimp.
                I tried too, my penis way too big
                07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
                  I just got hard. Damn that is sexy. Displacement is rad.
                  You need to get a room.
                  G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                  Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                  Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                  20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X