Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

06 GTP Getting Serviced at the Dealer AGAIN!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 GTP Getting Serviced at the Dealer AGAIN!!!

Second time in less than a year. I just turned 18,000 miles and the check engine light is on. The dealer said its an engine misfire. I will find out more details tomorrow. And they are replacing the front rotors. Go figure. Pontiac.
    06' GTP Coupe

Not just Pontiac, many new cars suffer from rotor warpage these days. They're just not made as solid as they used to be I guess.

Comment

wow you drive a lot. I've had mine for a year and only have 8800 miles on it lol. At least it's under warranty.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

that sucks..hopefully i wont have same problem as im about to hit 18000 miles in 2 days (in just 9 months) stupid work

Comment

I rolled over 17000 yesterday
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
          GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

damn I guess all you guys bought your cars eh?
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

yes

i should lease since i drive about 700 miles a month just for work

maybe i will do that once i get this paid off

and get a hybrid so i make more money off the mileage i get paid

Comment

I have 27000 on mine now. Just got my card in the mail that I've had it a year.
                It's going to the dealer this morning. Fixing a broken sun visor, the plastic cover piece popped off. Checking out a noisy bearing in the belt area.
                Talked to the parts guy there. Told him about the forum. I also ordered the strut tower bar for my G6, he sold it to me at their cost since I was a "fellow G6er".
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Holy smokes haha....

13 months and 13,900 miles... a little over but summer months always account for more driving for me (alot of road trips)!!
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Welcome, please check out the Midwest forums for upcoming meets including Streets of Woodfield and a Dyno Day.

I will be heading to the dealer tomorrow, so I know what you are feeling!

John
                    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Really, taking the car in two times for warranty work in a one year period isn't all that bad IMO. Mine's already been in 4 times this year, and will be in once again on Monday.

sigpic
                      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I have the car 11 months I'm at 25018 km had numerious times for servicing the damn brakes. At least the squeal stopped!!

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

I have over 21k since Thanksgiving and haven't had it in yet. I do need the left hand rear brake caliper fixed since it have been hanging up on the rotor since day one though.
                          04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                          Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

I just hit 4K km on mine, have had it for almost 6 months. And in that time, mine has probabaly been to the dealer more than anybody here. Actually my dealer sent back a part that they were suppose to call me, but never did so I was told they sent it back. Bastards!

Speaking of 6 months, XM finally called me and told me my 3 month free trial will end in sept. 3 extra months I got.

Comment

Check engine light on twice in 18K miles? That's great by comparrison. I've had my car in to the dealer 9 times in 8 months and have only have 8,010 miles. The car (GTP) has been out of service 28 days. The lemon law is 30 days within 18k miles or 2 yrs in NY. My dealer and another dealer has recommended that Pontiac replace the car and 2 different GM District mangers have refused.

Go figure. Seeing the dealer twice in 18K miles sounds good to me.
                              Silver G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X