Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so i went to the track for the first time..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i went to the track for the first time..

I went to the track friday night down at edgewater in cincinnati, with my dads 944 now that its finally back up and running pretty good.

ive gotten new rotors and pads, 4 new tires, oil changed, new K&N filter, new battery, and new power steering.

Well i raced it 3 times:
    1) against a dodge challenger, i ended up spinning through 1st and second but i still ran a 16 flat. I only lost by 2 secs.
    2) I raced and beat an older supercharged Tbird, and ran a 15.8
    and finally..
    3)I raced an 06 vette, and ended up running a 15.45, it woulda been faster but i spun tires shifting into second. I only lost by just about a second.

While racing both the challenger and the vette i beat them in the first 200 feet, but eventually they pulled on me. Now the porsche is a 4 cylinder and only puting out 208 horses. I didnt put the filter on till the next day so now it feels like its puting out liek 211

Re: so i went to the track for the first time..

Dude, you went down there and didn't pm me?!?! I was like this | | close to going down there Friday, but i felt like shit. I'm heading down this friday instead, assuming Vector has my modified tune to me by then . Wanna race?!?!?
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Originally posted by asquril
      I only lost by 2 secs.
      it sounds like you think that's not a big difference in racing...
      18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

haha no i know thats alot..but considering the porsche only has 208 horses...and dude i wish but i cant cuz i move into my dorm up at ohio state this thursday. but i will be coming back the weekend of october 9th to take the porsche out to the track, cuz my dad wants to see it run haha

Comment

Aight. Have fun moving in. Remind me about Oct. 9th, when we get closer, but I think I'm camping that weekend anyway, so I won't be able to go.
          2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
          1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

any pics or videos?

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

yeah i'll work on getting the time slips on here soon. and yes there is a video of me and the corvette racing, I just dont have it yet. the lady who videoed it said she would either put it on youtube, or just give me the video on a cd. I havnt seen it on youtube and well i havnt gotten a cd yet either lol

Comment

oh i see. ok.

Comment

Re: so i went to the track for the first time(updated with vids)

alright here you guys go, i found 2 videos from that night of the porsche running..

the first one isnt that good cuz my girlfriends dads head gets in the way but you can see the start against the corvette. and the second video is me running the super charged tbird. in both videos im in the left lane.

View My Video

View My Video

Comment

cool videos. how was it being on the track?

Comment

Working...
                    X