Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low coolant indicated on DIC, what gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low coolant indicated on DIC, what gives?

My DIC has been showing Low Coolant recently, not all of the time, but most of the time. I added coolant and It is still popping that message up again. Has anyone had that problem? Thanks, Bill.
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

if you added, there might be a reset in the menu

not sure on that one, but worth the check

Comment

Re: Low coolant indicated on DIC, what gives?

Originally posted by MONTERACER
      My DIC has been showing Low Coolant recently, not all of the time, but most of the time. I added coolant and It is still popping that message up again. Has anyone had that problem? Thanks, Bill.
      I've not had to add any coolant to my G6. Are you losing coolant? Is the level above the normal fill line and the message appears in the DIC?
      If you answer yes to either question, I would take my G6 to the dealer.
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

If you are running low on coolant, just keep in mind that it has to be going somewhere. Either you are overheating and it's overflowing through the overflow valve, or you have a leak. Take it to the dealer ASAP.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Gotta love the GM 60 degree V6 motor and the mysterious coolant eliminator.

yeah, it's a standard feature.

Hopefully it's just a bad sender, but get it checked ASAP. As Tom said, if you are in fact losing coolant, I'd want to know where it's going.
          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

And just to be a cynic, I'm betting that you have the 3500.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Since the low coolant sensor is "normally closed" when you have proper level of coolant it is possible that there could be an intermittent open circuit in connection somewhere giving false indication of low coolant. Just unplugging the sensor will cause low coolant light to come on (takes a little time because of software filter)

Comment

Yea, my old car you had to ALWAYS check the coolant level and oil cuz the ford 3.8L you can get alot of power out of and it can handle it because its a 5.0L missing the back two cyinders but the car liked to blow through head gaskets ever 20K miles if beating on a mod motor pushing over 200-220 HP and oil and coolant dont mix lol
                2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                Gotta have it Green color
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack
                GT500 track pack differential cover
                BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I had the same problem and I just added water and I am good now. I don't know why I lost so much coolant but I was almost a litre low. So now I am running some disani in my ride lol . Only the best. i would have done the fiji water swap but they were out. Thats a joke but I just wanted to let ya know I had the same problem but I have no warnings anymore.
                  Originally posted by Nikki
                  You are an e-pimp.
                  Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                  I tried too, my penis way too big
                  07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                  My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                  The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Working...
                  X