X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone installed this kit yet?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4Si9lLXyHc ... =120993303

If so, how's it working out for ya??
    Racing in a Honda is like the special olympics. If you win you're still retarded.

Ignorance isn't bliss, it's moronic.

it's working great for me. didn't pay that much for it though
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhah

How much and how????

Could you throw me a pic?

Thx
      Racing in a Honda is like the special olympics. If you win you're still retarded.

Comment

it was on ebay. it was around $120...might be even cheaper now.

-Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Whoa....what's the deal with the DIC display?? The buttons are colored nicely....

Comment

I didn't have the ignition on when I took those, so there was nothing displayed on the screen. I'll see if I have any pics with text on the screen.
            -Mike #1

Comment

So tell me, i had this question in my other post. Do you have the monsoon system? I was thinking of installing a new head unit, but was told that because i have the monsoon sys, that i would need all new speakers, and such. that sound right?

Comment

you don't need to touch the speakers. In fact, adding an aftermarket headunit makes the speakers even louder, since most headunits put out more power than the factory headunit.
                -Mike #1

Comment

Depending on what your speakers ohm rating is, that could cause damage to the deck as well. If it is too low, you it can cause over heating.

The manual for the deck will tell you what ohm speakers are in a tolerable range. Generally if it is higher than what they say it will make no difference. Although the higher you go the less volume the deck will be able to produce at the same amount of output level.

Now this is just from a technical standpoint, the fact if you any problems all depends on the situation. So I'm just putting it out there.

Comment

So heres what alpine says

General
                    • CEA-2006 Power Rating (4Ohm@14.4 V =1% THD+N), S/N 80dBA (Ref: 1W into 4Ohm): 18W x 4
                    • Max Power Output: 50W x 4
                    • Pre Output Voltage (Before Clipping): 2V
                    • Power Requirement: 14.4 (11-16) V.DC
                    • Operating Temperature ( °C/ °F): +32 °F to +113 °F (0 °C to +45 °C)
                    • Maximum Mounting Angle: 30° from Horizontal
                    • Weight: 2.9 kg. (6 lbs. 22 oz.)

Again this is for the Alpine IVA-W200. Is this something that will work, or all together the wrong specs?

Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by charlie.dinges
                      So tell me, i had this question in my other post. Do you have the monsoon system? I was thinking of installing a new head unit, but was told that because i have the monsoon sys, that i would need all new speakers, and such. that sound right?
                      from my understanding if you have the monson system your factory deck is putting out a pre-amp signal to the factory amps.

In order to hook up the alpine it would be mostlikely recomended to use the pre-amp out puts in order to continue useing the G6 amp and speakers.

As I belive it's not a good idea to send a high level(useing apline deck speaker outs) input into an amp unless it is set up to take high level inputs.
                      no my head hurts to early.... hope that makes sence, somebody please chime in if I'm wrong.

oneOone
                      1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8
                      2005 Pontiac G6 GT....Wife (Liquid Silver)
                      1983 Jeep CJ7.....for the 8 year old

SSSS member #5

Comment

I looked for that on crutchfield not too long ago, I thought they didnt sell it. But as I sit at that page it says "this does not fit your vehicle" and my vehicle is a G6... crutchfield FTW!
                        2007 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71 4x4

Comment

tried looking it up it doesn't like 06 model year 05 finds it??????
                          go figure.
                          oneOone
                          1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8
                          2005 Pontiac G6 GT....Wife (Liquid Silver)
                          1983 Jeep CJ7.....for the 8 year old

SSSS member #5

Comment

So they are right when they say that the car needs to be rewired, pretty much so is bypasses the amp. So the alpine deck wont push higher voltage through the amp. I cant seem to find the voltage outputs for the monsoon deck anywhere, anyone have those?

Charlie

Comment

Any pics yet GTPguy?????

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X