positioning car floor jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• positioning car floor jack

Hey, im paintin my calipers monday and wanted to know if people in the past that did it, did you do one wheel at a time or did you put the jack on one side of the car in the middle and do two wheels at a time...not sure if its best to do it in the middle due to it not being a steel frame..i'm not tryin to put any tension on the car that might bend the not so strong frame....someone told me its best to just do one wheel at a time to be safe....just wanted to see how others went about doing it.

thanks

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Re: positioning car floor jack

I put the hole car on jack stands
    87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
    90 Eagle Talon TSI
    09 G6 Progression(New Car)
    My Progression

Comment

i did it at teh jack points then put a jackstand ther and kept jackinthe other 4 corners

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

i did it 1 at a time. only had 1 jack, no stands and thats when i also installed the rotors.

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

where is the specific spot located at to jack it up?

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

look for the arrows. theres arrows molded intot he lower molding. you want to place teh jack right there on that strip of metal

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            Originally posted by snowmanG6
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I just did mine this past friday. I had one jack and 4 stands. Put the whole thing on stands, however I jacked the car up in the middle on each side.

There is a spot underneath the front door where you can do this. There is a rib that runs underneath the doors and thats where the mechanics jack up the car. About 2/3 back the front doors underneath where this rib kinda seperates a little bit. Its a strong point in the car's frame. I've used it for changing break pads as well as painting the calipers.

Have fun, and take your time. The more patient you are, the better the results.

ps.. beware of the damn bugs!!

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

what bugs?

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
                  look for the arrows. theres arrows molded intot he lower molding. you want to place teh jack right there on that strip of metal

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

Working...
                  X