X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6maniac/Midwest Auto Werks-Update 10/16

Ok here it goes

I ordered a Double gauge pillar pod setup from g6maniac about 2 or 3 months ago. I sent my pillar in, got it back and everything looked great. I went to install the pillar pod and i realized that the holes behind the pods had not been cut out as shown in his pictures. I contacted him about it and he replied that they had forgotten to on mine and that he was sorry. So I just drilled a hole big enough for the wires and just stuck the wires through and left the gauges unsecure because they clicked in enough that they didn't just fall out. I was able to install the pod with the gauges completely but roughly a week after install I notice that the top pod is starting to separate from the pillar. After another week or so, there is a large crack in it as the pod has separated completely along the top line. He offered to help me fix it myself but I have no experience with bondo and i am a terrible painter. His solution :Pay to ship it back, pay 15 dollars for materials, and pay for it to be shipped back to me. I was a bit unhappy with this offer because I didn't break the pod in the first place, but since I needed to have it fixed and left with no other options, i paid 6 dollars to have it shipped there and another 6 to have it shipped back plus the 15. So for the non math whizzes thats 27 dollars. So now I paid an initial 90 dollars double pod) plus i paid to ship it there initially (96) now have tacked another 27 on that (123). So i get the pillar back and it has been fully repaired and looks great. So i think to myself, worth the money and time. Now I get both my gauges fully installed and operational, and i install the pillar for the last time. Well it has now been 2 weeks and after the first week, yet again, i see separation. So I contact him again and here is the conversation that followed :

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
    soooo, thats same pod is separating again...why is this happening... it cant be the heat cuz the hottest day so far has been 75.
    Originally posted by G6Maniac
    Really, wow, I dunno what the deal is. We've never had one crack until yours, let alone a second time. Shipping it back and forth is kinda expensive for ya, have you ever worked with bondo at all? cuz really it just needs a layer of bondo and then we could give ya the part number for the spray can of paint and that way you would have some leftover incase you need to touch it up someday. Otherwise if you want to pay the shipping we could put a thick layer of bondo and repaint it again and hope that works.
    My buddy says he can do bondo and paint. I'll need the paint info. Also, I would like a 30 dollar refund or so since the product has never been right. I know
    parts cost money but I paid roughly 90 for the initial and it has never been right.

Thank you
    Well, we wont be able to refund you 30$ as we are already in the hole for your project. We've never had this problem before and did everything the same to your pillar as we have to everyone elses pillar. So it looks to us like it could be an installation error.

Either way, we guarantee our work and will be more than happy to fix the problem.. The only way we will be able to do this is to have you ship the pillar to us and we'll pay the fee to ship it back. That's the most we can do, especial since even shipping it back and costs of material will put us another 15$ in the whole anyway.

Take it or leave it, we've been more than willing to help during this situation with your pillar.
    I'm not sure how you are in the hole on this one. The initial payment for the pillar was, if im not mistaken, 90 dollars. As you say to me the supplies minus the pods is 15 dollars. So unless the the pods are 35 bucks a piece i doubt that you are in the hole.

Also, even if you were in the hole my cost, I was told if I paid 90 dollars I would have a pillar matched to my paint for my A-pillar that would not be cracked. I have yet to recieve this product because each time it has fallen apart. It cant be installation because it just fits along the metal pillar there is nothing complex about it. the same happened to both pillars, it looks good and then within a week it starts separating.

I build computers for a living and I can honestly say that if I built someone a computer and a week later the hard drive stopped working I wouldn't ask them for the money for a new hard drive or say that it had to have been user error, instead I would resolve the issue as quickly as possible to meet that customers needs.
    Costs of materials are no where near 15$. I said simply for the touchup it would be 15$.

The flexible filler we use alone costs 30$
    The paint costs 10$
    The Texture costs 10$
    The flexible primer costs 10$
    Then the sandpaper is 5$
    and your Double Gauge pod was 15$
    Shipping cost us 6$

x that by 2 for some of the stuff for fixing it the first time and we are in the hole.

As I said we will gladly repair it for you, but you wont be receiving a refund.
    Dont forget that I paid to ship it both ways. and on the repair it only cost for half since you only had to repair the one. Initially I was going to get some good photos of your product in my car since it seemed good. Then i received it and you hadn't cut holes in the back of the pillar for me to secure the gauges which i was slightly upset about but still was willing to help you out. then the gauge split in which i figured I would have to pay one way shipping. Instead paid both ways and an additional 15 dollars for materials. Now its broken again and you still want me to pay shipping and more material fees.

All I want in return is an answer to this question. If you paid me to paint your house, and i did but then all the paint came off, should you pay for the replacement paint for the side of the house and a small fee for me to drive back out? Because I really think you would have a problem with that.

If this isn't addressed I will assume your customer service is at an all time low and your seller review in the seller review section will reflect as such.
    All I said is you'd have to ship it to us and wed pay to ship it back and materials. Take it or leave it. And your analogy isn't even close. Its more like if you painted my house and I wrecked it would I expect to pay for it. Yes I would. It was in perfect shape when we sent it to you.
    How could I have broke it? I put it into the car by placing it against the pillar and putting in one screw!! And as for tightening down the gauge to hard that's impossible since YOU forgot to cut out the back. So it's more like, the paint fell off the house in a week. Oh and me not paying shipping back isn't a good consolation prize. This is such a total crock
    So I can create a stress crack on a pillar by placing it into the car and putting one screw in and this is the second time and no refund.......
    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Re: G6maniac/Midwest Auto Werks

Wow that's complete bs. He's just trying to get out of more work....those materials do not cost that much....his prices were for whole cans of paint and bondo and every thing, not like he uses all of it each time. I'd be reporting this, what kind of guarantee is--- if it breaks pay me to fix it.
    2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
    Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
    Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
    Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

Originally posted by xxbrandonxx
      Wow that's complete bs. He's just trying to get out of more work....those materials do not cost that much....his prices were for whole cans of paint and bondo and every thing, not like he uses all of it each time. I'd be reporting this, what kind of guarantee is--- if it breaks pay me to fix it.
      100%

to have a "guaranteed" product that means it will work no matter what or the PERSON WHO GUARANTEED it will fix it at no cost to the consumer

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
      G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Originally posted by xxbrandonxx
        x10 million. Its a big read people but please check it out, I dont want any of my fellow members getting ripped off
        sigpic

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Comment

dang man that sucks!
          i'd report him to the BBB
          let other people know about how much of a crock this is
          probably a guy who sits in his garage and bondo's pillar pods from pepboys
          on your stock pillars

best of luck to ya man
          hope things get better
          Black '05 G6 GT Sedan
          (sorry about the extra long signature b4)

Comment

Re: G6maniac/Midwest Auto Werks-DONT BUY!

Wow... what a load of BS.

By the looks of it... all of Florida is behind you!

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
            Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
            Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

we should get a raid of g6ers to pillage his village
              for being such a douche nugget
              Black '05 G6 GT Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by justham

By the looks of it... all of Florida is behind you!
                I wonder if this guy lives in Fl?

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo64
                  I wonder if this guy lives in Fl?
                  i believe it says he's from illinois
                  Black '05 G6 GT Sedan

Comment

never a good thing when a g6er gets ripped off by another g6er!
                    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Wow, that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. How can someone do that and call themselves a G6Maniac?

Comment

Cause he is crazy stupid.

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
                        Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
                        Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

Crimson... sorry

G6Maniac - when you say guarantee that means if your product breaks then you fix it on YOUR DIME!!!

Crimson - Bring over the materials and we will do one in my garage for cost... you are driving my work!

G6Maniac -

Crimson - it is not that hard to create and i have made two of them. total cost for both of them cant be more than $60 and i still have all the stuff to make 4 more.

G6Maniac - too bad i cant

Comment

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
                            Crimson... sorry

G6Maniac - Douche Bag

Crimson - Bring over the materials and we will do one in my garage for cost... you are driving my work!

G6Maniac -

Crimson - it is not that hard to create and i have made two of them. total cost for both of them cant be more than $60 and i still have all the stuff to make 4 more.

G6Maniac - too bad i cant
                            well i have a buddy that can do it, but if he tries charging me or somethin i may. plus all we will need is bondo and paint.
                            sigpic

Comment

well i have a buddy that can do it, but if he tries charging me or somethin i may. plus all we will need is bondo and paint.

I got a can of bondo and hardiner. paint... i got that too but it is not going to be the textured finish that you have.

Comment

Working...
                              X