Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on Double Din Alpine IVA-W200 install

Hey all,

I was planning on picking up the alpine double din head unit today, and was wondering if anyone on the forums has had any experiences with installing a double din deck? I would assume that it fits correctly? However i took a look on crutchfield and they say that it will not fit. Now im not sure if thats simply becuase they have not had the time to research if it does or does not.

Anyone have any input, and if you have installed a double din unit....pics?

Thanks
    Charlie

Also, I have the monsoon system. Are there going to be any issues with wiring possibly. I saw in the link below there were some problems with no sound coming from the speakers.

found this after the fact

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopi ... double+din

i would assume the alpine unit would be the same?

Comment

Yeah same rules apply, only thing to remember if you are using stock speakers is that they aren't standard 4 ohms.

Comment

So what exactly does that mean? Sorry, not the best with audio specs? Will i still have sound? Will something be damaged?

Comment

Are you just replacing the deck? Or are you adding new speakers/amp as well? You can run into some issues if you run 2 ohms on a deck that was designed around 4.

Comment

I had planned, or was planning to just replace the deck with a Alpine IVA-W200. I looks on alpines website, and i saw that the power output was 40 Ohms? Does that seem right? So what i am gathering is that it should not matter about having the Monsoon system, when replacing the head unit?

Comment

I saw your other post, so it looks like you got it sorted out. But anyways I am positive they mean 4 ohms. 40 ohms, well nothing would come outta that.

Comment

K i see that now, so if it puts out 4 ohms... are the stock speakers ok? Or do you think that i may need to replace all the speakers? god i hope not.

Comment

You don't "need" to, it's just something to think about. That said many people have done it without any problems. So I wouldn't worry over it too much.

Comment

and being that i have the monsoon system, makes no difference? the place told me that the car has to be rewired because I have the premium sound system. I dont know if thats becuase there is already an amp installed or what. But what should that matter right? I mean its still a head unit like the stock one correct?

Comment

Working...
                    X