Bass vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass vibration

Lately i have been trying to rid my car of the trunk rattle that occurs when i have my bass going. Im considering buying dynamat BUT before I do i want to know what it actually does. Does it physically stick to things to hold them in place so they dont vibrate OR does it block out the bass waves so that they dont even get to the things that make the rattle?

After much investigation i have found out that the last thing i have rattling is the double walled metal of the trunk. If dynamat wont work for this, do you all think some expandable foam insolation would? Ya know, just sqiurt it into the trunk itself and let it do its work?
    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

I know a couple of the rattles have been worked out by other members such as the holder for the rear seat cables that rattles and various other small items. Not sure about the expanding insulation though-not sure if you want to start spraying that stuff all over the place.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yea I don't know about that spray stuff. The dynamat might be your best bet.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

dynamat all day. you got yourself a new car, i wouldn't want to cheese it up with the spray stuff. may cost you in the end to pay for the dynamat, but the result will pay for itself if done by a good installer.
        2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

Comment

dynamat is definatly the way to go.... used it on my RX7 in the hatch, ended up liking how it worked so I ended up (over time cuz it gets pricey) doing the entire car and u could hear a pindrop in it with windows up and no radio LOL
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Lol ok dynamat sounds nice then. I was just concerned about the fact that it doesnt take that much bass at all to vibrate where the double walled sheet metal comes together... I mean its not THAT strong and rigid ya know? Could dynamat prevent all that bass from getting to it?
            2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

hey man i know you got this installed, is all the rattling gone?

Comment

The dynamat helped a ton, but the only way i got all the rattle to leave is to turn my sub box 180 degrees to face the front. Sounds awesome

Comment

hmmm so it still rattles if you leave it thumping out toward the back...is it the tire hole that is still rattling?

Comment

hmm well, not really. i mean it DOES, but not very bad. The tail-lights still rattle, i guess that could never be fixed or something

Comment

Teelo,
                      I see this is an old thread but i would like to add a little something. I had an 87 bmw with (3) 12s packed in to the trunk. This is what i did for the taillights and any other spots that could use a little more. I got myself some carpet foam, cut into little pieces as needed to help keep from vibrating. You should be able to pull the tails off and wedge some padding in these areas to the point that it helps but can not be seen. Just something that i have tried and seemed to work, without making a mess with the spray foam.
                      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Working...
                      X