Rear speaker a 12v remote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear speaker a 12v remote?

I was searching around the other day, trying to find more info for when I do install my sub. I think I read something about the right rear positive speaker being a 12v sorce for my remote. Am I making things up, or can I do this? The reason I ask is because I dont have a meter to tect the wires in the bundle under the sile. If I cant do this I will by a meter, and find the right wire. So everone knows, I dont really need a switch, cause the cops are not that bad down here, and I will only be running a kicker comp ten.... maybe twelve if I not happy with the ten.
    myspace.com/donaldlynd

dont try and hack into any wires i tried that and might have ruined my warranty. all u have to do is run a wire from ur battery to a switch and another wire from the switch to ur amp and u will be fine thats what i did and it works great. just know u will need to buy some dynamat because the g6 rattles like a bitch. i added dynamat and i have two twelve type e alpines and awesome sound.

Comment

Originally posted by bplayer0688
      dont try and hack into any wires i tried that and might have ruined my warranty. all u have to do is run a wire from ur battery to a switch and another wire from the switch to ur amp and u will be fine thats what i did and it works great. just know u will need to buy some dynamat because the g6 rattles like a bitch. i added dynamat and i have two twelve type e alpines and awesome sound.
      i wouldn't want to have to flick a switch to turn my amp on every time. i know people who have put in kill switches, but rigging it up so you have to turn the thing on every time you want to hear your subs sounds kinda silly. defeats the whole purpose of a remote turn on wire.

Comment

you can tap into wires and they would never know. There are clamps that you snap onto a wire and plug the other wire to. It leaves almost no evidence that you did it.
        Originally posted by Nikki
        You are an e-pimp.
        Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
        I tried too, my penis way too big
        07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
        My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
        The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

^ yep. They're called quickconnects. I used them for my basslink when I had it. Worked good as a remote turn-on for it.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Besides the fact that even if they DID see that you tapped into a wire, its only going to void your warranty (by law) if it caused the malfunction. Which, by adding a remote turn on wire its not going to fry anything. And in the event your warranty is void, it wont be the entire car. And in the case that something does cause a malfunction in the car, it wont void the cars entire warranty, only part of it.
            2007 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
              i wouldn't want to have to flick a switch to turn my amp on every time. i know people who have put in kill switches, but rigging it up so you have to turn the thing on every time you want to hear your subs sounds kinda silly. defeats the whole purpose of a remote turn on wire.
              it seems kind of silly to go out and buy an aftermarket deck just to have your amp turn on right away. it also seems weird to say u wouldnt want to have a switch put in if u cant hack into the wires that put out 12v. thats my 2cents.

Comment

it seems kind of silly to go out and buy an aftermarket deck just to have your amp turn on right away.
                if i were to put an aftermarket deck in my G6 i would want it to work like every other aftermarket deck and turn on the amp using the remote turn on wire when the headunit powers up. i don't see what is silly about that.

it also seems weird to say u wouldnt want to have a switch put in if u cant hack into the wires that put out 12v. thats my 2cents.
                i am not even sure what you are trying to say here, but if the remote turn on is run correctly no switch is required so i would not waste my time putting one in.

Comment

This question never got answerd
                  myspace.com/donaldlynd

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                    ^ yep. They're called quickconnects. I used them for my basslink when I had it. Worked good as a remote turn-on for it.
                    If your going to get them some stores call them scotchlocks (thats 3m's name for them)
                    BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Working...
                    X