Wiring the car up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring the car up

Okay so I have questions...I know people have set-up there system but I am curious as to where they ran the power wire through...I am more than sure I am overlooking it but is there already a hole in the firewall to run the power wire so I dont have to drill a new hole.

I am getting ready to wire up and dynamat my car to get my 5.1 DTS/Dolby Digital Theater in my car and i cant wait =)
    Alpine 9860 Headunit, Alpine PDX 4.150, Alpine Type X 6.5" Component Set in the doors, Alpine Type R 6x9's in the rear deck. Alpine PDX 1.1000, Alpine Type X 12" Sub, 1 Farad Capacitor.

There will be a hole somewhere, just a matter of finding it.

Comment

I drilled a hole right through the firewall under the driver side dash.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

What I did
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

i went thru the rubberized part that the steering wheel column runs thru

Comment

I ran mine through the fender and then in through a hole in the frame for the door.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

was it able to fish the wire from the rubberized gasket that is there...or was it a pain ?
              Alpine 9860 Headunit, Alpine PDX 4.150, Alpine Type X 6.5" Component Set in the doors, Alpine Type R 6x9's in the rear deck. Alpine PDX 1.1000, Alpine Type X 12" Sub, 1 Farad Capacitor.

Comment

i didnt have much problems...took that bottom part off and just ran the wire via a snake and grabbed that and pulled thru from the engine side

it took a good solid push to get it thru, but it went and runs nicely right with other wires under dash now

Comment

looks like i may be wiring up the car tomorrow...cant wait to get it all started...just having the headunit without all the extra goodies is rough

Comment

awesome..goodluck and be sure to post pics of finished product if you can

Comment

will do...it may be a bit cuz i still need to order the big amp which is almost 9 bills and then it has to be ordered...but once its all set up i will show some pics

Comment

i hear ya...one step at a time

Comment

Working...
                        X