Rear camber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear camber

In case you didn't see it on my "check out my ride" thread, I lowered the G. The rear camber is off just enough to make me wonder. I emailed Sprint to ask if they recommend a camber kit, and here's what they said.

We don't offer camber kits for that vehicle. Also, when Specialty notes that the rear is OEMA, that means that there's only a factory adjustment and they dont make anything for that. which also means to there probably will not be anything offered aftermarket wise.

Has anyone ever heard of a rear camber kit, or is it even needed???
    Project G:

Custom intake/ home made ram air. Magnaflow muffler/ resonator delete. Painted/custom interior, Rebadged, 15% tint.
    Sprint Performance Lowering Springs

Pix here: http://s403.photobucket.com/albums/pp119/tommyboy1587/

Re: Rear camber

Every where I checked had camber kit for the front and said the rear is not adjustable.
    Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

The only lady im gonna be pimpin from now on, is sweet lady propane!-Hank Hill

Comment

Correct, the rear is solid and is not adjustable.

N8
      2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
      1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

that is the only reason that i dont like the canuck springs.

they look nice but when the car settles, and it will, your rear tires are going to look like thie

/ \

Comment

Well alright then. My toe looks good, it's just the camber's off a little bit...... Oh well
          Project G:

Custom intake/ home made ram air. Magnaflow muffler/ resonator delete. Painted/custom interior, Rebadged, 15% tint.
          Sprint Performance Lowering Springs

Pix here: http://s403.photobucket.com/albums/pp119/tommyboy1587/

Comment

Actually, there is a way to fix the camber issue,
            Clicky Here
            [urlhttp://www.summitracing.com/parts/IEC-35410/]Clicky Here[/url]

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
            you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
            CarDomainMySpace

Comment

Originally posted by danmccormick87
              Clicky Here
              Pretty sure that's a front camber kit though. The rear can't be adjusted.
              2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
              1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Meh, camber....

It's the price you pay to look good!!!

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Originally posted by 07GTPBlackAndTan
                  Originally posted by danmccormick87
                  Clicky Here
                  Pretty sure that's a front camber kit though. The rear can't be adjusted.
                  Nice try though Dan!
                  Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

The only lady im gonna be pimpin from now on, is sweet lady propane!-Hank Hill

Comment

there is no way to change the rear camber issue when lowerign the car.

done.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
                      there is no way to change the rear camber issue when lowerign the car.

done.
                      There IS a way..... there's ALWAYS a way..... it just hasn't been done YET....

Custom Fab FTMFW!!!!

I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

i stand corrected... and i knew someone was going to throw the... "if you throw enough money at it anything is possible."

well i am glad it was you who said it and not someone else... liek crimson or jakeman... i hate them...

Comment

i stand corrected... and i knew someone was going to throw the... "if you throw enough money at it anything is possible."

well i am glad it was you who said it and not someone else... liek crimson or jakeman... i hate them...
                          Glad I could be of assistance

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADG6GT

Glad I could be of assistance

Comment

i just redid my front steering parts and while i had it on the lift i was checking out the rear camber again since i too have the sprint springs.

the only way to adjust the rear camber is to get a longer upper arm. you have the 2 bottom arms that "would" adjust toe and the upper that "would" adjust camber. the problem is, is that it is too short which pulls in the wheel once it is lowered. if it were 1/2" to 1" longer it would push the top side forward. sooo the fabricated idea would be correct. you would have you measure exactly how much further the camber needed to come out and then make an upper arm that much longer.

that is the only way possible since the arm is fitted for stock only. since there is the G6 GXP.R racecar it has been done. but again money talks.

also i see that this thread is ancient. but i thought id put in my ideas that i saw today.

Comment

Working...
                              X