2011 base V6 mustang... 315 HP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 base V6 mustang... 315 HP!!

Found this intresting. As I do like the mustang and it only wieghts 3300 lbs vs the heavy 3900 lbs camaro, ford is incressing the output of the Lincon 3.7L from 273 HP to 315 and dropping it into the V6 "base" mustang! Thats going to be crazy! First time in my life, the V6 mustang is intresting to me. Dont need the V8!

The new GT next year gets the new 5.0L V8 good for 400 HP. Next year in 2011, I think mustang new stock for stock will be kicking the camaros ass from the factory.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2011-ford-m ... e-web.html
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Re: 2011 base V6 mustang... 315 HP!!

and still no domestic companies go with smaller turbo engines. would only be wise with the whole fuel eficency being a big thing....but hey, lets keep massive v8s and v6 around for shits n giggles.

give me a 4 cyl sporty car that has 300+ hp...im all over it (sure theres cobalt. ugly as shit. never gona get one...and the genesis...along the right line

Comment

Yea, talks are they might but the EcoBoost v6 in instead of the Coyote 5.0L if it's not ready, or as an option as well as those get 360hp, not bad.
      Some said they purposely made the new "redesigned" 2010 Mustang and lacked changing any powertrain options just to make sure they would be able to one up Camaros, since unless you have a Shebly or Cobra of some sort or special edition, Camaro's will walk all over them.

The GTO can still take the current 4.6L Mustang GT's or run dead even with them, and they're 20hp less than the Camaro and weight about the same.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Still a Mustang. The Camaro and Challenger look so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKGTP
          The 05-09 Mustang will agree. But the changes done for 2010 have to disagree with you on that one :P
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
            The 05-09 Mustang will agree. But the changes done for 2010 have to disagree with you on that one :P
            The front is much, much better. BUT, the rear is worse IMO.

Comment

Good thing Ford is doing this because this will give the Camaro a little more competition and hopefully it will be like the old days again with these too great cars. More power, less money I'm still Camaro hands down, I've fallen in love with that car and I feel if I bought it would be so worth it!

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
              G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
                The front is much, much better. BUT, the rear is worse IMO.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Working...
                X