Made my own inset grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made my own inset grills

Well, since GM isn't getting around to making ons for me fast enough... I made my own.

Let me know what you think!

I made them with: wire mesh, rubberizing compound, and some now painful fingers...

Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

wow that looks good. are those the stock chrome trim rings? They look extended in the pics...maybe it's just because the grills are back further? Good job though!
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

That's neat. It looks way different.. more stealthy!

Yet another mod everyone's gonna be doing! Better get some copyrights

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Man, that looks like it was a lot of work! Very nicely done, however. Did you leave the wire bare or is it painted? Not sure if I like it better than the stock grills, but it a unique look.
        (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

personally i like stock better (either black or painted silver)...they're too see through...need to be thicker or something, i like it better when it's harder to see what's behind the grill
          -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
          Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
            wow that looks good. are those the stock chrome trim rings? They look extended in the pics...maybe it's just because the grills are back further? Good job though!
            Yeah, they are the stock chrome rings... the look extended because the way the stock grills drape over it

Comment

I like the fact that the grills looks deep, but the actual grill material isn't one of my favorite. Sorry.
              COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
              Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
              MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

looks good...but not noticable enough for me

nice work though

Comment

Looks good, except I don't like the grill.

I wonder if it would be possible to just basically turn the OEM grill around to make it inset?

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I wonder if it would be possible to just basically turn the OEM grill around to make it inset?
                    I tried doing with that.. don't have the tools here in MD that I need... probably could have in WV

will say this... the grills look better in person

Comment

they are very see through though... I kind of like it.

I would consider just taking them out... if it weren't for worrying abou damage to my radiator... and it just looking stupid

Comment

You were reading my mind...
                        COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
                        MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

only problem with that is the tabs that actually hold it in place

they wouldnt line up once you flipped it, even if you took from other side i think they would be off...now if you clipped a piece of the tab off, you might be able to get them to work

Comment

Yeah, I had tried just mating up opposite sides... it didn't really work... and don't have the tools here to make it work

will definitly try it when I get a chance and see how things go

Comment

What did you use for your grille insets? Just curious

Comment

Working...
                              X