This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removin emblems

what is the best way to remove outside badges as the dealership emblem and the pontiac written out emblem without damaging the paint or leavin any sticky resedue behind

Re: removin emblems

This is an easy one and has been the subject of lots of discussion and tips. The first tip is to use the search option. The next tip is to get some fishing line or strong floss, bug and tar remover, detailer and a hair dryer. Warm up the emblem, work the fishing line or floss under the emblem and keep the b&t remover liberally applied. The letters will come off in no time, leaving residue on which you need to use more b&t remover, with the dryer keeping the area warm. Carefully remove that residue by rubbing with a smooth cloth, making sure you don't use any hard object, which will likely scratch the paint. A little elbow grease is required as that stuff is on there pretty well. You'll find that you can then use the detailer once all the residue is off, to give the area a nice clean look. BTW, some have used goo gone or similar product, but if you do try it on an out of sight part of the painted surface. in case it takes some of the paint off.
    Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
    Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
    Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

I used floss and Bug and Tar remover.

Comment

Floss and B&T Remover, I did mine on a warm day so no dryer needed. Elbow grease is required. To another debadged 6er

Comment

I used a heat gun and a really thin spatula to do mine. And b&t remover.........
          Project G:

Custom intake/ home made ram air. Magnaflow muffler/ resonator delete. Painted/custom interior, Rebadged, 15% tint.
          Sprint Performance Lowering Springs

Pix here: http://s403.photobucket.com/albums/pp119/tommyboy1587/

Comment

floss broke to easily for me, i used fishing line, wrangled that fucker right off
            G6 sold for a RALLI////ART

Comment

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4292

Comment

Working...
              X