Water?? A/C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water?? A/C?

I've noticed that if I had the A/C running, the next time I drive the car I hear what sounds like water moving around from somewhere in the engine compartment (close to the firewall). Sorry that's the best explanation I could think of. Has anyone else heard this and is it normal??

Re: Water?? A/C?

i hear the same thing always wondered what it was so im in the same boat as you
    Mods: Cquence Cross drilled/ slotted rotors, 5% tint back windows 35% up front, Flashtech 6k hids, eyelids, blacked out door trim
    soon to come: painted calipers, eibach pro kit

Comment

i've never heard this but the engine coolant is next to the firewall and could be moving around?
      2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
      Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
      Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
      Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

next time its hot start teh car and let let it run for a few minutes with the ac on. then look under the car. if theres not a puddle of water under it on teh passenger side by the firewall the AC drain is clogged and not allowing all the water to leave the case.

just becasue theres water on teh ground doesnt mean its clear just not fully clogged. if its 100 degress and 70% humidity adn you have a small puddle its blocked. it should have a huge puddle under it

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Yep, I had the same situation....

After trying dislodge any dirt that may be inside with suction and blowing (hold off your dirty minds here) what I am actually doing right now is turning the fan to high, switching to outside air and turning off the compressor. This blows any remaining water and helps dry the evaporator... if you are lucky, you can go to the dealer and request them to turn on the AC afterblow function on your car. Doing so the AC computer will blow dry your evaporator and removing any remaining water.

Hope this helps!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
            next time its hot start teh car and let let it run for a few minutes with the ac on. then look under the car. if theres not a puddle of water under it on teh passenger side by the firewall the AC drain is clogged and not allowing all the water to leave the case.

just becasue theres water on teh ground doesnt mean its clear just not fully clogged. if its 100 degress and 70% humidity adn you have a small puddle its blocked. it should have a huge puddle under it
            Awesome, thank you I will try that. Any tricks to have get the water out of the case or would it be described in like a Haynes Manual?

Comment

coast hanger up the drain? air pressure up the drain

thats what i would try

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

The easiest.... take a small tube and stick inside the drain and suck it up with a vacuum cleaner.

I even backwashed the evap case by pouring water UP the drain tube and sucking it back

Comment

Just becuase it's friggin' cold and snowy and icy and slushy - can I see this drain looking down under the hood or do I have to get under the car? Anyone have a pic?
                  CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

I tried to take a quick look for this while my car was on the lift getting new tires, but I couldn't see it. Will someone who knows please take a pic for me?
                    CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

above the rear cat

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Comment

Help how do i unclog my ac drain my ac is full of water and leaking into my passengers side floor.

Comment

Working...
                        X