Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they are not really gonna have that many engines to pick

My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Damn, 6 engines..... If you cant find an engine you want then something is wrong with you
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Actually it is 4 engine. 2 of them are the convertible with lower hp than the coupe/sedan.
      04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
      Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
        Damn, 6 engines..... If you cant find an engine you want then something is wrong with you
        I want a V8... I can't find it. Is there something wrong with me?
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

it really bugs me when i look at new cars coming out with 3.5 3.8s in them with 260+HP thats for a 3.9 our cars should be faster
          My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

Originally posted by ginuwine
            it really bugs me when i look at new cars coming out with 3.5 3.8s in them with 260+HP thats for a 3.9 our cars should be faster
            That's because those 3.5 and 3.8 are DOHC multi-valve engines. But you need to rev the hell out of them to get those peak power. Our 3.9 only has slightly less horsepower but it has good low end torque which would make up for any horsepower deficiency. The 2007 GTP will have a 3.6 DOHC engines with over 250 hp. Mated to a 6-speed auto that thing should fly at the front of the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
              That's because those 3.5 and 3.8 are DOHC multi-valve engines. But you need to rev the hell out of them to get those peak power. Our 3.9 only has slightly less horsepower but it has good low end torque which would make up for any horsepower deficiency. The 2007 GTP will have a 3.6 DOHC engines with over 250 hp. Mated to a 6-speed auto that thing should fly at the front of the pack.
              You realize the hypocrisy of your statement. Why would the new 3.6L fly to the head of the pack if all the other engines are also DOHC, but make more power? It just a way things work right now.

BTW I'd consider being 60 hp down a little more than slightly less for the current GTP compared to a 350Z.
              04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:

Comment

Originally posted by mbiker97
                BTW I'd consider being 60 hp down a little more than slightly less for the current GTP compared to a 350Z.
                defiantely...especially considering that is a bigger jump in power than going from the GT to the GTP.

Comment

You realize the hypocrisy of your statement. Why would the new 3.6L fly to the head of the pack if all the other engines are also DOHC, but make more power? It just a way things work right now.

Do you honestly think that the G6 is in the same class as a 350Z? If you really wanted to match cars, you'd have to match G35 and G6, and even that is a stretch, cause now you are talking an upper line car. Now, I do agree, the G6 should have more power to compete, but at least compaire the right cars. For example, the Dodge Charger with the 3.5L V6 makes 250hp. But it gets 22mpg city, whats up with that?
                  Some days your the dog...some days your the fire hydrant!

Comment

yeah... in the end a G6 will never really be able to compete with a 350z or a G35... it was never meant to.

main reason? say it together!

G6 doesn't have RWD!

had to... but it is true
                    Originally posted by TLS2000
                    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Over all, dollar for dollar I rather have my G6 GTP 3900 with the 240HP not the 227 one lol, then even the 3.6L in the 07s, a 350z or a G35. I think there cheaper the G6s in price and are and for a 25K car theres alot of luxtry stuff in them. Am very happy with it and also being FWD. I do wish with my 06 it had a 5spd auto with the same gears 3.69 then the 07 6spd with that 2. something gears in it.

And honestly, for prob 2500 you can get GT-R exhaust, a vector computer tune, CAI and custom fuel rail and fuel injectors and the G6 would easly for the performance 0-60 be in the same class or faster as a 350Z, G35 or a GP GTP and still cost less then them. I like the 3900 alot with 80 percent of the torque avalible under 2K RPMs.
                      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                      Gotta have it Green color
                      Brembo brake package
                      420 HP 5.0L
                      Ford Racing Power Pack
                      GT500 track pack differential cover
                      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                        yeah... in the end a G6 will never really be able to compete with a 350z or a G35... it was never meant to.

main reason? say it together!

G6 doesn't have RWD!

had to... but it is true
                        So true about rwd. Okay the 350 may be a little better than the G6. How about comparing to a Camry? That is only 268 hp. So we are only down 28 hp to a Camry. Hell we're down 4 hp to a Hyundai Sonata.

Comment

I had a 2004 350z. The G6 cost less (The Z is Around 30K for an enthusiast with cloth seats) and the G6 is alot less to insure. Yeah the 350z has more HP and its lighter, but you need premium fuel.
                          They are not really comparable cars. I liked my Z, but the G6 is a better everyday car.

Comment

^it also only has two seats
                            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

The 2007 GTP will have a 3.6 DOHC engines with over 250 hp. Mated to a 6-speed auto that thing should fly at the front of the pack.

mbiker97, let's compare apples to apples. The G6 is designed to be a mainstream mid-size sports coupe/sedan. Compare the G6 with its main competitors in the market, the G6 GTP's performance is right up there with the best. Although the horsepower from the new 3.6 DOHC engine may not be the highest, with 250+ hp, the difference is marginal. All I am saying is that at least on paper, the new GTP is very competitve.

The 3.5 pushrod on the other hand, is no match to the current crop of DOHC V6s on the market. But it is a proven, reliable, engine with good low end torque. Simple to manufacture and simple to maintain. It's more than adequate for the mainstream buyers.

The 350Z / G35 was designed to mimic the Porsche Boxster. That was their original design target. I see nothing common between the Z and the G6 to justify a comparison.

Comment

Working...
                              X