X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Removing "Mark of Excellence" Badge From Products

GM Removing "Mark of Excellence" Badge From Products

Originally posted by www.gminsidenews.com
    Back in late 2005 General Motors announced that the 2006 model-year would start the beginning of the GM "Mark of Excellence" badge being placed on all GM vehicles. The little chrome GM badge was first added to the 2006 Pontiac G6 and eventually trickled to every GM product in the stable. This was an effort to build the GM brand up in perception and be a symbol of quality from General Motors. Immediately following the addition, controversy surrounded. Some were in favor of the apparently marketing push for the GM brand, others hated the idea and went so far as removing the badges on their own vehicles. Well, three years later GM is planning to remove the GM "Mark of Excellence" badges from all vehicles.

GMI has yet to hear of why GM is removing the little badges. It could be to cut rather unneeded costs or it could be newly-placed marketing czar Bob Lutz's call. It would seem that in an effort to promote the individual "core" divisions (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC) identities, they may be wanting to separate the brands from each other by removing the shared corporate badge.

GMI has been able to confirm that the GM badge has already been removed from the all-new 2010 Chevrolet Equinox. The move to remove it from the new 'Nox was made on August 19th, so any units built after that date will not feature the badge. It is expected that the rest of the GM lineup will be following suit soon.

Thanks for the tip Fenwick!
    http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/ ... cts-83344/
    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Re: GM Removing "Mark of Excellence" Badge From Products

We were already doing that for them!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

we are one step ahead of gm haha, im glad i kept mine as a souvenir!
      Flickr-https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_second_helping/

Mods: Brembo Front Calipers Powder Coated Red-Drilled/Slotted Rotors- H&R 5mm Spacers- 18x8 TSW Jarama Wheels- Injen CAI- CRABS Heat Shield- OBX Catback Exhaust- Racingline Strut Bar- KYB Struts/Shocks- Eibach Lowering Springs- Black Eagle Eye Headlamps- DDM 5000k HID lows/fogs-Painted Side View Mirror Covers- All Polk Audio Speakers- Pioneer DoubleDin w/ DIC relocation to glovebox- Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler- Redline Hood Lifts

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
        We were already doing that for them!

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
        I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

So does this mean GM has lost it's touch of excellence?

I actually liked those little badges on mine, I left them on.
          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
          2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

My driver door is damaged where I took mine off.
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I always thought the badge was a stupid idea anyways... just reinforcing the fact that all cars were rebadges.

Speaking of which, that might be my next mod: removing them.

Anyone want to trade them for a set of "Pontiac" lettering from the trunk?
              <-- Gray G6? Click!
              2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
              2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
              Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Re: GM Removing &quot;Mark of Excellence&quot; Badge From Products

HAHA That was the first thing I did, DE-BADGE!

Comment

Maybe they realized what they were putting out wasn't excellent, seeing as their quality seemed to be taking a descent.

1994 Civic - 1995 240SX - (GTO sold)
                  There are cars that take you from point A to point B, and then there are cars that eat your family, worship Satan, and purposefully transmit STDs.

Comment

What a way in pinch pennies.

Comment

the day i bought that damn car those badges came off!

Comment

Originally posted by oldmanvette1975
                        Lol, y dont they just leave all the badges off the cars from now on.

2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Coupe
                        1998 Buick LeSabre Custom

Comment

Originally posted by maybememories
                          Originally posted by oldmanvette1975
                          Lol, y dont they just leave all the badges off the cars from now on.
                          LOL

Comment

i like mine. they look stupid on some but good on others

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                            Originally posted by snowmanG6
                            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Hmmm, I might keep mine then, not on the car, but as a souvenir

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
                              you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
                              CarDomainMySpace

Comment

Working...
                              X