"Skyline" on a G35....why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Skyline" on a G35....why?

I've seen it in import mags, I've seen it on Cardomain...but today I saw one driving right next to me. An Infiniti G35 with "SKYLINE" in place of the "INFINITI" and a "350GT" badge on the rear top corner of the trunk. Can anyone tell me what the G35 has to do with the Skyline, because to me it seems like they have a history together?
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

I always thought Skyline badging was exclusive to the Nisan Skyline... hmmm....

Comment

this one was posted yesterday
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

yep that's exactly what I saw. Only the one I saw had the "350GT" badge higher up, and different rims.
        -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

I was under the impression that the G35 we have here is the Skyline over there. Just people trying to be different I guess

Personally, I'd be ashamed to put Skyline on anything less than the real deal. Preferably an R34
          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Next generation Skyline will be a G35 and both will be available here.

The Doctor is correct I believe...

John
            Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

How can the G35 here be the Skyline in Japan when this is their skyline now:

and this is the new Skyline:

???
              -Mike #1

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82

and this is the new Skyline:

???
                i deleted the pics to save on space...but: that first skyline is dead sexy but not the point lol.

the second skyline pic you posted is the auto show concept. the new Infiniti Skyline that they are bringing to the states actually looks almost identical to a G35 coupe:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Ge ... eId=105720

and they do make a Nissan Skyline 350GT that looks identical to our G35. people swap the badges onto their Infiniti beacuse that is just what the import people do but run a search for 'Skyline 350GT' cause there is a bunch of info on them, they are just not made by Infiniti lol.

Comment

you might wanna check the date on that spy-shot article. My September 2006 issue of Motortrend shows the GT-R to be this:
                  -Mike #1

Comment

i always thought that was just the concept they used...kinda like the G6 with the ugly interior. regardless, there is a 350GT that looks like our G35s which is where the stupid badges come from.

Comment

Nope. Because I remember them saying the production version was going to look like 90% of that concept. They have to tone down the amount of carbon fiber used under the headlights, and change some other stuff.
                      -Mike #1

Comment

well at least it is interesting looking. i still prefer the R34 to just about anything.

Comment

me too, I've seen ONE in my entire life. It was at a drift event at the convention center. UGLY body kit on it, made me want to cry.. who the fuck wrecks the lines of that car? I dunno, some Pakistani guy. His WIFE had a real Silvia too, also destroyed with a nasty kit.
                          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

no one can appreciate the stock lines and look of the car I guess...or most imports for that matter.
                            -Mike #1

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82

Is it just me... or is no one driving that car?
                              Originally posted by TLS2000
                              Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                              GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Working...
                              X