alternater... POS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternater... POS

when the engines off and the music on for more than maybee 5 min then try n start the car again it wont start... did that too me 4 times while waiting for a train... should i get a high performance alternater that put outs 120 amps or so... think that would help... and plus im adding aa touch screen dvd,mp3 player in it... or should i not wurry bout it???
    !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
    FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
    SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
    14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Re: alternater... POS

Originally posted by ByGeSg6GTP
    when the engines off and the music on for more than maybee 5 min then try n start the car again it wont start... did that too me 4 times while waiting for a train... should i get a high performance alternater that put outs 120 amps or so... think that would help... and plus im adding aa touch screen dvd,mp3 player in it... or should i not wurry bout it???
    Wouldn't that be a POS battery? I've had to have my 6er jumped started once after playing the stereo for a cpl hours without starting the engine.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

do you have a subwoofer?...stock stereo should last longer than that
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

your alternater is what charges the battery... i dunno what the deal is... just been bothering me and trying to cure the problem... im prolly gun do a power test on the car to see how many amps im running from the alternater and other things... i was jus wondering if n e 1 else has been having this problem and found out how to fix it
        !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
        FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
        SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
        14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Comment

Originally posted by ByGeSg6GTP
          your alternater is what charges the battery... i dunno what the deal is... just been bothering me and trying to cure the problem... im prolly gun do a power test on the car to see how many amps im running from the alternater and other things... i was jus wondering if n e 1 else has been having this problem and found out how to fix it
          The alternator charges the battery, but it only runs when your motor is on. When you run the stereo without the engine running, you're draining power from the battery and it's not recharging. So I think the first thing to check is to see if the battery actually holds its charge. You can have a quick test done on your battery before you start spending money on a new alternator, etc.

Comment

Yup its your battery. Within 2 weeks of owning my G6 i had that happen twice. I said forget it and bought a BIGGER, better battery! All my problems were solved... Well maybe just that problem Its more then likely not your alternator, i would go for the battery.
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
              Yup its your battery. Within 2 weeks of owning my G6 i had that happen twice. I said forget it and bought a BIGGER, better battery! All my problems were solved... Well maybe just that problem Its more then likely not your alternator, i would go for the battery.
              I knew it was the battery, I'm just not into arguing anymore. This is the 1st car I've owned that I had to have jumped because I played the stereo. Even my Camry battery was better, and I had a Pioneer with XM and a 200 watt Crossfire in it.
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

I've sat in my car with the engine off, music playing with a subwoofer at low-medium volume for over an hour and my car started right up no problem.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I don't think my radio has even been at low medium volume.
                  Metallica doesn't sound good unless you can turn it up past 11, like the amp Nigel has.
                  G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

well when the lady is in the car, the music has to be low "so we can talk"
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

There is a TSB for mid release 05 G6's and early year 06's for a faulty battery. Most 05's from the factory had the battery replaced prior to delivery to the new owner.... I suggest looking into that.
                      Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                      2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                      w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I had my radio on for about 8 total hours over two days without the car running, then started up fine...

Time to go to the Dealership....

John
                        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I'd thought I would also chime in and agree that it's time to go seek professional help

I had my car off listening to music one night.. "talking" to a man friend.. for about 5 hours straight. car started up just fine..

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Originally posted by HottG6Mama
                            I'd thought I would also chime in and agree that it's time to go seek professional help

I had my car off listening to music one night.. "talking" to a man friend.. for about 5 hours straight. car started up just fine..
                            LOL @ "man friend"... don't know why i find it funny, but it is. cute!!
                            06 G6 GT Sedan (Black)
                            Motegi DV5 18" Chrome Wheels
                            Falken 225/45 R18 performance tires.
                            7 window tint (35% front, 17% rear)
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2448881

** SOLD ** ** SOLD ** ** SOLD **

Comment

said man friend.. cuz.. well i have a boyfriend, and he wasnt my boyfriend

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Working...
                              X