• Show
Clear All

• Pontiac G8 ST (Ute) and Wagon..... to be sold afterall o.O

That's right

Of I love how Pontiac/The G8 refuses to die quietly

REPORT: Pontiac G8 Sedan, Wagon and Ute to be sold... in Australia

by Alex Nunez (RSS feed) on Aug 19th 2009 at 8:59AM

The ill-fated Pontiac G8 ST - Click above for high-res image gallery

It's sad enough that the dizzying, platform-sharing, don't-call-it-rebadging upcoming product extravaganza General Motors unveiled to the Twitterati and media last week did not include the terms Zeta, Pontiac, G8, or any derivative thereof, but if a new report out of Australia is accurate, Holden is about to pour salt in America's wound – with an iodine chaser.Carsales.com.au claims to have an internal Holden memo stating that our friends Down Under will not only be able to purchase a Pontiac G8 SS-V sedan, but Wagon and Ute variants as well. (SS-V is the equivalent trim level to the U.S.-market G8 GT.)

These final Pontiac G8s will reportedly be offered through Holden dealerships (natch) as special limited-edition models. The reason? Simple: a final run of G8s made specifically for the Aussies will allow Holden to clean out some of the remaining Pontiac G8 part stock it currently has sitting around with nowhere to go. Dealer sources told Carsales.com.au that they expect the total run to be in the neighborhood of 1,500 cars, with the breakdown split fairly evenly among the three body styles.

Pontiac G8: the car that didn't deserve to die, that no one wants to see die, and that, so far, refuses to die quietly. Thanks to Stephen for the tip.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Re: Pontiac G8 ST (Ute) and Wagon..... to be sold afterall o.O

wow...

Comment

Oooooooooooooooooh WTF LOL
      Chris White
      http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
      2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
      2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
      2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
      2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
      2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

If I could afford one and it was available here, I would so rock one!!!

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
        I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

I went through the comments and stuff to.. Apparently they are really just Holden Commodore's and they are throwing the extra G8 parts they have, like bumpers, seats and stuff on the Holden's to use them up. They will still be right hand drive Aussi vehicles, not left hand drive. I'd love to own one of those.. a G8 ST / Holden Ute..... In fact I might move down there and buy one

Fuck.. I wonder how much it would be to buy it down there and ship it back here....
          There'd be little to no modifications to make it US road worthy..
          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
          2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

i told yall i know what i was talking about
            Blue Man Group
            Current Mods: tint 35% front & !5%back, Alpine Type E 2-12" subs w/ Rockford Fosgate P400 Amp &cap, Rockford Fosgate 6.5" and 6"X9", R1Concepts E-Line slotted/cross drilled Rotors w/ Pads and painted blue calipers, 6,000k flashtech HIDs, and chrome be gone...

Future Mods: GXP/AIT front bumper, LED tinted tails, modded painted headlights with halos, Rockford Fosgate 6"x9" in the back doors

Originally posted by danmccormick87
            gotta love iraq bootlegging

Comment

Originally posted by beefiesG6
              OK?!?!? What are you talking about?

I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
                OK?!?!? What are you talking about?

Comment

somebody at pontiac smokes wayyyy to much crack
                  Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
                  JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by killiger2009
                    somebody at pontiac smokes wayyyy to much crack
                    Blue Man Group
                    Current Mods: tint 35% front & !5%back, Alpine Type E 2-12" subs w/ Rockford Fosgate P400 Amp &cap, Rockford Fosgate 6.5" and 6"X9", R1Concepts E-Line slotted/cross drilled Rotors w/ Pads and painted blue calipers, 6,000k flashtech HIDs, and chrome be gone...

Future Mods: GXP/AIT front bumper, LED tinted tails, modded painted headlights with halos, Rockford Fosgate 6"x9" in the back doors

Comment

here ya go!!
                      Blue Man Group

Comment

that is so friggen cool!

pontiac is not going quietly into the night and good for them!
                        ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                        .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Oh OK..... You just scare me sometimes Kasey... I though u were smokin some good purp AGAIN!!!

Comment

They should change it over to chevy. Probably wouldn't do too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by markpetersonii
                              They should change it over to chevy. Probably wouldn't do too bad.
                              Awake yet?!?! Looks like someone needs their morning coffee, not thinking straight...

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
                              you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
                              CarDomainMySpace

Comment

Working...
                              X