Cone Filter Taken Better than fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cone Filter Taken Better than fixed

After the ealier posts I drove my wife to Staples, 15 mi ea way. 1/2 way back the check engine light came on. I tried to reset it but it stayed on. I put the OEM filter and box back in and the CEL will not go out.

HELP

You may have damaged the MAF or the MAF wires/connection. That's the only thing I can think of unless you made some other modifications. did you recently fill up your tank, like within a couple hours? Maybe bad gas?
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I will take her by the Pontiac dealer tomorrow. There are a couple of small issues I need them to look at before the 36K cutt-off. I have a ting at the alternator and the info center in the radio cuts out sometimes. I hope that I was not the cause for the possible MAF, I'm Broke. I have 30K miles.

Comment

what code is tripping the light to come on?

Comment

Don't have a code reader but will be taking it by Pont. dealer for a couple other War. issues ie. ticking sound at alt. radio veh. info. on radio.

Comment

Originally posted by hvac999
            Don't have a code reader but will be taking it by Pont. dealer for a couple other War. issues ie. ticking sound at alt. radio veh. info. on radio.
            yeah sorry, i read the other thread where you said you didn't have the code after i posted in this one :smoke:

Comment

If you did the gas fill while close to this install-check the GAS CAP-I know it sounds silly but if it is not seated properly the CEL will come on-it's even in the owner's maual-
              2006 Fusion Orange Coupe GT, Limo Tint, Chrome strut Bar, Chrome intake, Debadged, Metalic Silver PONTIAC wind shield, Metalic silver pin stripe, Chrome wheels with Locks, Aftermarket rear spoiler, GT-R exhaust, Painted engine and battery covers,

Comment

I thought the DIC would say check gas cap? I think I recall reading that somewhere in the owner's manual, but maybe I'm on crack?

Comment

mind did one time and all of a sudden it was gone never to appear again hahaha
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                    I thought the DIC would say check gas cap? I think I recall reading that somewhere in the owner's manual, but maybe I'm on crack?

gotta lay off them drugs... or gimmie ur # so i can make some extra change and have another custo jp
                    !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
                    FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
                    SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
                    14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Comment

Originally posted by ByGeSg6GTP

gotta lay off them drugs... or gimmie ur # so i can make some extra change and have another custo jp
                      Look here:

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/view ... c+messages

I'm not on drugs...but I'm not sure if I'm happy about that or not

Comment

The light went out on the way to the dealer. Got there they said no way to know.

Comment

Re-installed OEM k&n and cut as large a hole as possible on the front and fender side of airbox. Works and sounds as good or better than my old cone hook-up

Comment

Working...
                          X