Option Racing chrome oil filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option Racing chrome oil filters

I looked for someone with questions about these. I'm on a silver/chrome kick and think these are pretty cool looking. I've looked for reviews on the efficiency of these all over but can't find any. The company seems pretty reputable as far as performance parts go. Here''s a link to the oil filters on Ebay.

Any input would be greatly appreciated...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

Re: Option Racing chrome oil filters

Looks good, but how well does it perform?

I mean, you can chrome a Fram filter that will look nice but be garbage.

If you're going all show, why not? If you're tying for some go--I personally would go for something proven.
    "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
    ~~GWAR's description of Hell
    SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Originally posted by LordKOTL
      Looks good, but how well does it perform?

I mean, you can chrome a Fram filter that will look nice but be garbage.

If you're going all show, why not? If you're tying for some go--I personally would go for something proven.
      I agree, and no, it's not a show car...just my girl, I want her to look sexy, lol. I just wondered if anyone knows anything about them. I'd be more then happy to get them and cut one open if someone would weigh in on the effectiveness of the filter. I know frams are cardboard or some crap, I assume these will be the same so IDK.

I started looking at Option Racing's mods and they sell the $25 intakes on Ebay so it's probably a POS. Does AC Delco or Mobile 1 have any chromed filters for $2.50 each?

I'm going to be running a WAMS tune soon so I won't risk it.

Comment

you could buy a case of delcos and a can of silver paint and make your own

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
          That, sir, is pretty damn funny. $10.79 for a can of chrome spray paint and a case of AC Delcos, but still, I like your thinking...

Comment

Originally posted by boja23
            Originally posted by ahuhn
            That, sir, is pretty damn funny. $10.79 for a can of chrome spray paint and a case of AC Delcos, but still, I like your thinking...
            think how many you could do and if you change cars you could still have chrome filters

heck you could even sell them as your own chrome filters

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            Originally posted by snowmanG6
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Um... unless you enjoy sticking your head under the car all the time, it's not like you can see it...

So honestly I really don't see the point. I rather go for something reliable and not damage my engine... which costs a lot to fix if broken.
              <-- Gray G6? Click!
              2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
              2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
              Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                Um... unless you enjoy sticking your head under the car all the time, it's not like you can see it...

So honestly I really don't see the point. I rather go for something reliable and not damage my engine... which costs a lot to fix if broken.
                but, if you do go with the making your own option, you could also paint the covers too, just an idea...

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
                you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
                CarDomainMySpace

Comment

Originally posted by danmccormick87
                  but, if you do go with the making your own option, you could also paint the covers too, just an idea...
                  I think Andy was being sarcastic there.
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!
                  2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                  2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                  Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X