Tint time- Whatd you pay, and get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tint time- Whatd you pay, and get?

ive got a silver coupe that needs some tinting.

i dont really want anything too dark, but nothing that you cant tell its on there. i had a blazer before, and they did the front side windows. it had a mirror quality to it, it wasnt just black. i didnt like it much.

id like to know what every is getting, what your payingn for the whole car, that kinda thing. im guessing 200-250$. im kinda weird about strangers getting in my car without me around though.

any pics would be awesome too. i saw a few posts in this forum about tinting, and a few pics. but i know more people have had it done, just curious as to the results and brands used.
    Lucy
    2006 Silver Gt Coupe
    3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
    sun and sound package, leather package.

150 bucks and 30 percent all the way around on my coupe.

John
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

$240, 35% all around, 3M Scotch Tint

-Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

$235 for the whole car. %18 in the back, and %45 in the front.

The tint guy I used had a sample piece (12"X12") of each tint value he carried stuck on a window, from which I selected mine.
        That being said, take into account that your glass is slightly tinted from the factory, and it is additive when you apply more tint: So the tint value of the glass PLUS the tint value you apply equal the total tint value. Also, bear in mind that the tints make the glass appear even darker by virtue of looking through double the total tint value of each window when you view the car from the side with all windows up. What does all that mean? The tint you choose will most likely look darker on the car when viewed from outside looking in.
        Example: when I looked at the selection samples, the %45 looked almost invisible. But when you look at my car in the daylight from the side view, it looks like that value is pretty dark. And the rears, at %18 look almost solid black.

Here's a pic from the side....

And one from the 1/4 angle, which appears much lighter than looking at it straight on....

See what I mean? :smoke:
        SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
        Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
        CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
        Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

35% all around -- $129 (seriously... not $130 or $125)

Originally posted by TLS2000
          Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
          GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
            35% all around -- $129 (seriously... not $130 or $125)

that's ok mine was really $238 but I just rounded it out
            -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

haha, okay
              Originally posted by TLS2000
              Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
              GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Mine was $175 for sides and back, plus $20 for the strip on the windshield..
                I believe it's 20% on sides and uhmm gosh I don't even know on the back.. maybe 5-10%? Either way.. all of it is totally illegal lol

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

I Paid $200 for all my windows tinted at 35%.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

100 bucks for 35% all round.....Why would anyone pay over $200 for window tinting???

Comment

Originally posted by PrattGuy76
                      100 bucks for 35% all round.....Why would anyone pay over $200 for window tinting???
                      because I didn't want to drive to the ghett-o to get mine done (that's where everybody charges $80-$100 for tints, and I've seen their work...not impressed). Unless you know somebody, then that's different.
                      -Mike #1

Comment

$160 35% everywhere but the windshield
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Mine is 35% sides and rear (that's what's legal here) for $195.

By the way, did anyone add tint to their sunroof? My shop said absoutrely no way they would do that to any sunroof in a car, truck, or van.

(Rev) Greg
                          (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

35% 2 front windows, 5% rest of car all for 150 and lifetime warranty
                            35% front/5% all-around tint, chrome grill,
                            MTEC headlight bulbs, cold air box, redline tuning, LED reverse bulbs, passport x50 blue, custom catback system, painted headlights, shaved badges

Comment

$100 for 35% all around, did a real good job, got it in WV, thats why it was so cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X