12 month warranty my a$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 month warranty my a$$

Hi, I've been on this site ever since i got my g6 aboout a month and half ago. Bought it gm certified from a dealer. I've put about 4000 miles on it and I took it in cause the rotors are warped and then they tell me that it needs a whole new rack and pinion as well. THEN they tell that they are not gong to fix it under warranty. What the hell??!!! Anyone else have this kind of trouble or what.

UPDATE:

They fixed all the breaks and everyhthing. Its got a rough idle problem and sometimes it wont start. you turn the key and the engine just rolls over and won't start. they say they cannot "duplicate" the problem. Theres only about 5-600 miles left on my warranty. Anyone know what to look for.

Re: 12 month warranty my a$$

rack and pinion.....cammon issue...already replaced mine once and i think it needs it again....they should cover it, go back and talk to your sales person that sold you the car and say something if you dont fix this, this would probley be my last gm car im sure he or she will help you out.
    GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Both should be under fixed with your original warranty.
      Dont let them screw you around, act like you know whats up and they wont try shit on you.

Tell them that you know these are common issues with the g6 and that they are fixed under warranty, and be assertive!!

R.I.P. 2005 - 2010

Had:
      15% tint, Recessed upper grilles, Tinted tails & Black emblem overlays, Custom Spoiler,
      Black painted calipers w/decals, debadged, Stebro Stainless Steel Exhaust System,
      Painted engine cover and Hood Liner, 18" Solstice rims & tires, ZZP Strut bar,
      Black leather seats, R1 cross drilled and slotted rotors, AIT front bumper!

Comment

Go back, tell them do not work on it until it is covered and leave it at the dealership. Call or email the GM Rep for your area, or tell them you demand or want to talk to their GM Rep and have them explain to you why exactly it was denied warranty coverage. Then go through with them and try to get it covered.
        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

If it's bumper to bumper I can see it covered, if it's the 5 year 100,000 mile warranty it's not covered.

Comment

Originally posted by nrguser
            If it's bumper to bumper I can see it covered, if it's the 5 year 100,000 mile warranty it's not covered.
            Damn right its covered, we have all had both those repairs done under the standard warranty.

R.I.P. 2005 - 2010

Had:
            15% tint, Recessed upper grilles, Tinted tails & Black emblem overlays, Custom Spoiler,
            Black painted calipers w/decals, debadged, Stebro Stainless Steel Exhaust System,
            Painted engine cover and Hood Liner, 18" Solstice rims & tires, ZZP Strut bar,
            Black leather seats, R1 cross drilled and slotted rotors, AIT front bumper!

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteSedanMan
              Originally posted by nrguser
              Damn right its covered, we have all had both those repairs done under the standard warranty.
              That's bumper to bumper. I think he's referring to the Powertrain warranty, in which rack and pinion isn't.
              <-- Gray G6? Click!
              2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
              2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
              Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

when u buy a GM CERTIFIED vehicle, it comes with a 12 month 12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, AND a 5 year 100,000 mle powetrain warranty.

they HAVE to fix it, or you can sue. I have alreaqdy been down this road 3 times.

AJ
                De-Badged, Tinted Tails 3rd Brake Light
                Custom Painted Interior, Engine/Battery Covers
                Custom Intake, Racingline MM, Black Upper Grills
                My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

They did mine, and it didnt cost he a hot cent...
                  2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Originally posted by ajnjennsg6
                    when u buy a GM CERTIFIED vehicle, it comes with a 12 month 12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, AND a 5 year 100,000 mle powetrain warranty.

they HAVE to fix it, or you can sue. I have alreaqdy been down this road 3 times.

AJ
                    The powertrain usually is just from the original date sold. Ex, if the original owner bought it January 1st 2005, and later this kid bought it as GM Certified, the Powertrain warranty is still only good until January 1st 2010. My G6 was GM Cert. and my GTO is GM cert.. and that is how it worked for both of them.
                    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
                    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Ok so heres the update:

They say that they will fix the rack and pinion. but not the brakes cause they are wear items. I cal BS. they're gunna fix it all. it also has a rough idle which they said they could not duplicate. i am talking about the 12 month 12,000 mile b-b warr. all of this should have been looked at when it was traded in anyway. i think all they did was change the damn oil.

Comment

brakes are a wear item. i bet if you look youll be able to find that they arnt covered

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                        Originally posted by snowmanG6
                        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                          Originally posted by ajnjennsg6

AJ
                          The powertrain usually is just from the original date sold. Ex, if the original owner bought it January 1st 2005, and later this kid bought it as GM Certified, the Powertrain warranty is still only good until January 1st 2010. My G6 was GM Cert. and my GTO is GM cert.. and that is how it worked for both of them.
                          i didny clarify that correctly. powertrain is from the original in service date, i.e. the first time the car was registered, but the 12/12000 is from when he bought it certified.

i had all my pads and rotors replaced under warranty because of the known warped rotor issue. they warped again like 4 months later, but unfortunately, i bought my 6 right before they switched the certified program to the 12/12000, s i only got 3/3000

AJ
                          My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

Actually I only got 3mo/3,000mi extension on my G6 since it already had the factory warranty in place... so I had till 39,000mi or 39mo from in service date.. I bought it when it was like 1.5 years old, and 20,000something miles. If it was out of warranty already is when they give you 12,000mi and 12mo warranty.

However, you are right, at one time it was just 3,000mi or 3mo flat out, then they changed it.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                              Actually I only got 3mo/3,000mi extension on my G6 since it already had the factory warranty in place... so I had till 39,000mi or 39mo from in service date.. I bought it when it was like 1.5 years old, and 20,000something miles. If it was out of warranty already is when they give you 12,000mi and 12mo warranty.

However, you are right, at one time it was just 3,000mi or 3mo flat out, then they changed it.

yeah when i bought my 6 it was out of factory warranty by the years not the mileage.

then a week or 2 later they upped it to 12/12000. i was so pissed

AJ

Comment

Working...
                              X