Cone Filter Added-How Much HP?-NOW HAVE PIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cone Filter Added-How Much HP?-NOW HAVE PIC

I just installed a cone filter, coupling to MAS Short bend for hood clearance to cone filter tuned to inside bottom of OEM box. I did that for lower noise and keep A/C lines safe. Fender side of box is cut for air flow. All clamps tight.
    Now, at between 1500 and 2000 rpms the engine has a smat sputter. Even a low grade bucking. This only happens when going up an incline or hill. I test drove it about 6 times. The CEL came on on the third but reset when I disconnected the neg. battery terminal then reconnected. It got a little better after reset but is still there. Car runs like a "bat out of hell" the rest of the time. VERY noticable hp change. This was done using the ASS DYNO method. Torque improvement as well.
    PLEASE HELP

did the check engine light come on again after you cleared the light?

Comment

pic?
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Yeah what he said ^^^

Comment

No moe CELs. 3 more test runs occured only on 1. I think it has to do with the trans shift point. It happens at the driving normal shift point. My rocket (big) kickdown will only works in lower than normal rpms.
          Pic later

Comment

It started again on the 2nd of 3 road tests.

Comment

what code set the CEL?

Comment

First of all, i would get rid of the bottom half of the box. Second, those MAF sensors can be very sensitive. Are you sure you didnt drop it or bang it on something. I would take your car to get the codes read.
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I'm looking to do the same (minus the mess up hopefully) where did you get the bent arm and cone filter?
                  -The Dabbler

Comment

try turning the MAF up more. i remember someone on here having problems with the heat effecting the readings coming out of the sensor when it was turned like yours is so close to the exhaust manifold/engine.
                    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

That and check that there wasn't excess of the oil on the filter that might have gotten on the MAF. This is a common thing too.
                      Originally posted by Nikki
                      You are an e-pimp.
                      Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                      I tried too, my penis way too big
                      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                      My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                      The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
                        That and check that there wasn't excess of the oil on the filter that might have gotten on the MAF. This is a common thing too.
                        yeah i had crap come of the Volant intake on my truck and get on the maf wires. when the engine was cold every once in a while i could put the pedal to the floor and it would just crawl away from a stop sign. it messed it all up till i figured out what it was.

Comment

2 road tests ago I turned the MAF up, not because of your excellent reason, but because it was low enough to about hit the belt diagram tab. I have a 25 mile trip tomorrow and see how it goes.
                          As stated earlier the bottom of the box remains because A: my wife does not like car noises. That is one reason she let me buy the car and B: I want to keep the refrig. lines stable.
                          I guarantee you that if your A/C goes out and those lines are not secure, the dealer will say it was because those lines are flopping around. Then you will pay dearly.
                          I suggest someone invent a bracket that would secure ALL 3 lines. Make them out of small uni-stut or something and SELL THEM. Then I will remove my box.

Comment

I checked the filter. It was OK. I do not have a code reader to know why the CEL came on that time. The pars came from spare parts I had from many intakes and many trade-in cars.
                            People, please continue with answers if anyone has heard of this problem even though, at this point, I think it was the MAF.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HP GAINS ARE EXPECTED FROM AN INTAKE LIKE THIS?

Do you like the decal on the engine cover?

THANKS EVERYBODY FOR ALL THE HELP I have been receiving

Comment

just go to pep boys or advance auto or whatever and have them read the code for you

Comment

Working...
                              X