Tint and the defroster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tint and the defroster

Anyone ever heard of/ had any problems with using the defroster with tint laid over it? I dont want to screw the tint up but winter is coming and i was just curious.
    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

with normal tint you'll be fine...people that talk about problems prob have metallic tint
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Ive never really had any problems with mine. But i know on the older windows you would have problems after you removed the tint. The film would pull up the soldering or whatever those lines were made of.
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
        with normal tint you'll be fine...people that talk about problems prob have metallic tint
        like the shiny stuff?
        '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

yea...i havent had any problems with my Llumar tint
          -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
          Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

No problems here

Comment

You'll be fine...

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
                Thats with reception... had my tint for over a year and live in NY, use my defrosters daily and never any problems!
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

If you think about it, tint is just a thin covering.. the defrost is heat coming through the windows or whatever.. In any event, it wouldn't seem like a covering over your windows would affect the heating used to defrost your windows

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

I imagine if you went to one of those places that charged like, $50 for tint and they used some crappy quality tint, it would peel right off. But if a reputable shop did it for a higher price, there should be no problem.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

It'll be fine, as mentioned the metallic tint is with reception. It will be affected, but you won't notice it since it would be such a small amount.

Comment

if just regular tint, you should use your defroster.....it helps dry out the moisture which could cause bubbles

Comment

Working...
                        X