Some new mods completed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new mods completed!

Decided to do some more stuff this past week to my 6er. Painted the engine/battery covers, installed LED bulbs in the taillights, and got a new stereo. Yes I got rid of my touch screen for something a bit cheaper...it was mostly for money reasons, but also a lot of people at work were eyeing it and I didn't want anything to happen. I never even used the DVD player in it anyway, so it was a lot of money just sitting there playing MP3s and nothing else. I now have a Pioneer DEH-P880PRS which is pretty cool, if I can figure out how to adjust the sound lol. There's a lot of freakin' adjustments you can make. But I like it because you can pick from either blue or white backlighting, and the white looks awesome! On to the pics! (and vids!)

and for your viewing pleasure, some vids of the taillights in action!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

All of it looks good Mike. Im lovin your new hu. The Pioneers have added so many features to their lineup, its just awesome. And sometimes hard to dial in. :smoke:
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Awosme i like the colors choice on the covers and the G6 in the engine bay looks good!
      The second video really looks good. Nice work.
      My Progress thread
      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

Looks great! Did your dash kit come with red lighting on the buttons, or did you change those?

Comment

they were red, but it's not as dark a red as the factory lighting. Hard to tell in the pics though.
          -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Nice work!

Official Sound Dude of the SWO

Comment

Thats pretty sweet. Good job. :P

Comment

lovin' the white head unit and white disply on the kit, looks like it was meant to be that way... at least now you have a little more white and it blends better!! Good job mike car looks good as always!
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

how big of a differance did you notice with the led lights, the videos never do justice. is it worth upgrading them?
                  35% front/5% all-around tint, chrome grill,
                  MTEC headlight bulbs, cold air box, redline tuning, LED reverse bulbs, passport x50 blue, custom catback system, painted headlights, shaved badges

Comment

Looks great Mike! I was also going to paint my batt cover and the 3900 cover just havent had time to get around to it because I did paint already the air intake tube to the color of my car like the first week I had it lol. Great job :smoke:
                    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                    Gotta have it Green color
                    Brembo brake package
                    420 HP 5.0L
                    Ford Racing Power Pack
                    GT500 track pack differential cover
                    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by mkhudeira
                      how big of a differance did you notice with the led lights, the videos never do justice. is it worth upgrading them?
                      the thing with the LEDs is that they don't spread around the tail assembly as well as regular bulbs, since they are directional. But these bulbs have 6 LEDs around the side of them that point to the sides so that the light will reflect better off the chrome housing. They're pretty bright if you look at them head on, but you gotta remember the bulbs are kind of at an angle...if you stand directly behind the car you can see how they face outward. I'm happy with them.
                      -Mike #1

Comment

Loooooooove it all!!! I think I'll definitely go with the Pioneer HU.. I had one in my past car, and I don't think I could have anything else

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

looking good mike. i have been using pioneer headunits since i bought my first one....i love em. the engine cover looks good with the black highlights too.

Comment

Nice looking stereo and I'm digging the paint job to match the grills.

Comment

I really like the engine cover man, looks really nice
                              Originally posted by TLS2000
                              Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                              GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Working...
                              X